Chapter 34 - Losses, drama, fears, cheers to my frequent tears.

My tears have dried and my breathing had gone back to normal. My eyes drifted from one part of the dorm to another as Wes spoke rapidly. His eyes were apologetic, and 'sorry' came up in every other sentence.  

I looked up confused as soon as he paused his story.

"Drew had liked me all along?" I whispered out of breath.

"He practically begged me to let him have you. He really liked you. But I did too. I'm sorry, I should have made you choose... but... I couldn't bring myself to compromising with being your friend. We were two jerks who were crazy for one girl" Wes replied softly.

What a girl you guys chose to go crazy for. So Drew wasn't the backstabber who kissed his best friend's boyfriend. He had asked permission long before me and Wes were anything. But why would he ask Wes for permission? Was I property? Or some kind of prize? I wasn't even so much a girl, let alone, a girl two guys would go crazy for. And all that time Drew let me feel as if he was my friend. And held his feelings to himself? I guess that day I had really pushed him to his limits, so he surrendered and kissed me. I couldn't blame him, and I couldn't blame Wes, and for once, I didn't feel the need to blame myself.

"How is he?" I asked.

"He's fine. He's just being Drew. We got over it. He um... kinda moved on. But I can't. He's still my best friend, but you're the girl I want to be with. And I hate having to choose, Ray. He's also... downstairs."

"What? Look Wes, I just want to get over with this. I love you." Oh, woops. "I love you, but I can't break his heart either. And I'm sorry I broke yours. Anyway, tell him to come up if he's all alone!" I jumped.

Wes made a grimace and then texted a quick message on the phone and unexpectedly grabbed my waist, pulling me down on him, and kissed me. His lips were still soft and warm; and safe.

"Hello?" Drew's voice broke in, as the door cracked open. I grabbed my shirt from Wes's grip, pulling my hands back through the sleeves, and tightening my bun of hair.

"Hi, hey, come in." I huffed surprised.

And of course, Drew had turned into a man as well. He always had it in him, but there was always something in his mischievous smile that martyred he was still a boy. But here he was, all grown up just like Wes in barely five months. Time can really change you I guess. It seems I was the only one whose hair was still as damp and who's figure was still as clumsy. But it felt great seeing them all again and I couldn't deny that. It felt even better that everyone knew everything. This gasp of air on these past months made us all stronger and wiser.

"Come here you jerk!" Drew nudged at me. I ran in his arms and he picked me up. We hugged for about a minute, holding on tightly, our pulses and hands spitting out all the words we needed to say. I had missed them both so much. We all made ourselves comfortable on my bed, my feet on Drew's belly, and Wes's head on mine.

"Hey guys...." I said, as we all stared at the ceiling silently, "I'm sorry."

They gave a quick laugh and slapped my thighs a couple of times, mumbling things like, "bros for sho!" and "we still love you, idiot". I couldn't help but laugh along.

Time had healed it, or so it seemed. We had so much to catch up on. The taps of my eyes broke open a couple of times, and both Wes and Drew made jokes to dry my tears. Turns out, I had my best friend back. He was caught at the vulnerability of the moment, and was too good of a friend to let me go, or hurt Wes. He got around, as far as he told me. What can I say, Drew will be Drew. Fun was what he was all about. IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. As for Wes, well, let's just say we had a lot of alone time to catch up on, and it seemed like not a second had gone by.