Chapter 11

I looked at him like he had just melted my worries and problems away."So how long have you been living in New York?""I was born here.I lived upstate by Albany in a shitty little town.I always wanted to get away from there."I looked down at the coffee mug in my hand and I was just fiddling with it with my fingers."What about you?Where are you from?""We moved out here from the bay.We were all born and raised in California.We came out here to get away too.Start a new."I shook my head interested in his story."What instrument do play?""The bass.Trè is on drums and Billie is guitar and vocals.""Where is Billie?""He's usually out and about.Haven't seen him all day.He left a note though this morning on the fridge.It said he had to find someone."I looked out the window towards my room.No lights were on or anything.Maybe I am going crazy.All the anxiety and shit is making me paranoid.I tried not to think about it.I wanted to find out who these guys were."So what do you guys like to do?""Trè is really good at gambling.He always wins.I guess you can say he has the magic touch.Billie,he sleeps most of the day and he'll go out at night and end up drinking a lot.He's a really nice guy but get on his bad side and you're fucked.""Seems like a pretty cool dude.What about you?""I'm a night owl.I love the outdoors and the woods.I love full moons.They...they make me feel so alive.I guess you can say I'm a animal!"He raised his hands and howled.Like an animal howl.We laughed it off and I got a flash of his teeth.His teeth were big and his cainine teeth looked sharp.I didn't pay much attention to that.He's a super sweet guy.I did notice his arms though.They were a little hairy and had scars.I was hesitant to ask."What umm happened to your arms?""Oh,those?"He held up his arm."It was a car crash."I used to work with animals a lot and from the look of them they looked like scratches and claw marks but big ones.Not a dog but.something bigger.