Chapter 38

"What are we gonna do?""Back away slowly Kiera."I started to walk backwards slowly."Come out here into the hallway."I walked myself away from the horrific sight of blood all over the kitchen floor and Sarah's face.Trè shut the door."Lock the door.I'm gonna call Billie."I locked the door and stood up against it."What's gonna happen?""After we get her out of here and restrained we're gonna get our stuff together.When Billie and Mike get her out get yours and Sarah's stuff packed.Clothes,anything you need.Just get your stuff packed and meet us out front."I nodded.I couldn't believe this was happening.My friends,family, it won't matter now.It's going to be like running from the cops,laying low and being quiet.Trè called Billie.I heard them talking about getting all their stuff in a pile and that Trè would pack it "his way".I was worried what Sarah was doing in there.I started pacing back and forth down the hallway.Billie and Mike came out of the elevator with locks and chains."Where is she?" Billie asked."In there." I pointed towards our door to the apartment.I unlocked the door and let them in.I heard it lock when Mike closed it behind him."I'm gonna go get my stuff and theirs in the van.Bring yours and Sarah's stuff down to the lobby and I'll take care of it."He kissed me and left before I could say alright.I waited patiently outside in the hallway.I heard loud noises and grunts coming from within the apartment.All of a sudden the door flew open.Sarah was wrapped in the chains and locked up.Billie and Mike brought her down to the elevator."How'd you get her to sleep?""Horse tranquilizer."The elevator door closed and they were on their way down.