Chapter 20

"Wow."My eyes scanned the room.Guitars were everywhere.They were on the walls,in stands and display cases."You like it huh?""I-I love it.""Go ahead and take a look around."I walked over to the wall with posters and guitars on it.I was drawn to the display case filled with about 15 guitars.Billie walked up behind me."I had it installed.That guutar up there." He pointed towards a cherry red Fernandez Stratocaster."Jimi Hendrix played and signed it.That one over there was Elvis'.He signed the back of it.Jim Morrison,John Lennon,Kurt Cobain,Kieth Richards,The Who,Jerry Garcia."I was in awe.A tiny tear rolled down my cheek while staring at the legendary beauty."How dud you-""I know people.Come over here I'll make you a drink."He turned me around and walked towards his own mini bar."Pick your poison.""Scotch on the rocks.""Oooh classic.How much do you drink?""Weekends.Sometimes I'll have a beer or 3 after I get home from work."He poured my drink in a small glass and set it infront of me."Did you enjoy your drink Friday night?"I looked up at him.He was making his own drink.He stopped and looked at me.It was a moment of silence before he spoke."You didn't know it was me did you?""No I did I just wasn't sure."He continued making his martini."So...um why did you leave the bar so fas-I mean early.""I was nervous.I didn't want to freak you out or anything.That's why I had Trè wait outside.I knew you weren't going to see me leave.I didn't want to seem like a lonely creep sending over a drink.Trè was in the alley way so I could tell him what you looked like."I was silent."I'm sorry I creeped you out.""No.You didn't creep me out at all.I thought it was sweet.The drink was really good actually.Cherries and strawberries are my favorite actually."I started to blush and get hot.I took off my jacket and my cigarette case fell out.I picked it up off the floor and set it on the counter."Could I bum a cig off ya?""They're not cigarettes." I laughed.He smiled and chuckled."Even better."I took one out and handed him a joint."Wow that's a lot."