Chapter 56

Kiera's POV:I stood there looking at him.I could feel his sadness,his anxiety.Everything.Everything he was feeling I could feel.It was like an earthquake.All the shocks and damage just rippling from the main source."I'm gonna go sit with him."I walked towards the sliding door that leads to the porch."I-I don't think..." Mike stammered."What?""I...I don't think that's a good idea right now.He...He needs sometime to get himself together again.He'll be fine but he just needs to do what he needs to which is taking his time.I'm not stopping you...I just..."Mike sighed."...I don't know what to do..." He said,his hand propping up his head."It's ok Mike...I don't think any of us really know what to do right now.We just gotta take things slow."He nodded and looked over to Trè."She's got a point.I haven't found anything about turning Sarah back...I'm gonna have to get creative and see what I can come up with and see what happens.If nothing works...""She's gonna be like that forever isn't she." I asked.Trè sighed."There's always hope." He said.I nodded.I turned back to the door.I took a deep breath and made my way out to the porch.I walked up besides him and sat down on the same step as him.i didn't want to dive right into what happened upstairs so I had to improvise."It's really nice up here and the woods.Quiet and calming,surrounded by nature."Nothing.He just kept eating his cheese steak taking little bites."I used to go to the lake every summer with my parents and a friend of mine.We always took her with us when we could.She practically lived with us.Her mom was single and a junkie.She never cared where she went or what she did.We went to the lake early one year for my 16th birthday and it was her last time there with us."He was still silent.I looked over toward the sun on the tip top of the trees.I heard him mumble."Hmm?""What happened?" He said softly."We went up a quick 5 minute trail to the cliff that was above the lake.We packed a picnic and stuff.We ate and she immediately wanted to go swimming.I told her I ate a little too much and wanted to wait.She shrugged her shoulders,said whatever and jumped."