Chapter 47

Mike's POV:We were about an hour and a half away from our new home.It's weird though.We've never really had a "home".We were always out playing gigs.It practically was a tour.We had preplanned gigs at local places and concert halls.Billie was the one who convinced the people to let us play for free.Whatever money we made playing,half went to us and half to them.We haven't played a gig in a couple months but we still have daily jam sessions.I stopped at a red light and looked to Kiera and in the back.All three of them were sleeping except Billie.The light turned green and I started driving again.Just a couple more exits to pass and we'll be going onto dirt roads and back ways.The car was silent."You alright Bill?""Yeah...I just gotta lotta things on my mind.Y'know?""Yeah...If you wanna talk I'm here for you man.Everyone else is asleep.If you got anything you need to get off your ch-""How am I gonna tell her?How am I gonna tell her that she can't ever see her family again?That she's not a human anymore?That she doesn't exist to the world?"I couldn't see him but I heard him start to cry.I wanted to comfort and console him but I couldn't.I took our final exit and took a few twists and turns."Mike stop the car!"I slammed on the brakes and everyone jerked forward and woke up.Sarah was still asleep.I heard the side door open.I turned around and saw Billie sticking his head out of the van,throwing up.