Chapter 28

"Oh shit.Pardon my German." He put on gloves and started touching,poking and pushing.He started to ask me questions."Have you been to an area recently where bats are common?Outside the country?""No,but about a little more than a year ago an apartment two floors below us had a bat infestation.""Hmmmm...Have you experienced any symptoms out of the ordinary?Muscle spasms,paralysis,vomiting,high fevers,etcetera?""No,not at all.It just hurts around the area.""Well I would like to do a blood test to check for any diseases that could've been transmitted.I'm not saying it's a definite answer but it is very similar to a bite of a bat but it's unusually large.When you go back to your apartment complex have the landlord or whoever is in charge to call a pest inspector.""I'll call them myself.The landlord's an asshole."He cut off the circulation of my upper arm with a rubber tube.It gave me a flashback of when I was at a friend's place and she needed help shooting up.I told her I wouldn't do it.She ended up missing the vein and died that night in my arms.I'll never forget it.By the time I came back to reality he had already drawn 3 vials of blood."The results should be back in about 30 minutes.Would you like to go back home or would you rather wait?""I'm gonna stay."He nodded and closed the door.I got out my phone and started texting Kiera."Hey.at the drs.he said it could possibly be a bat bite.he told me to call pest control.dont be alarmed if men just show up unless they aren't the pest controllers.he did a blood test.will txt back results."I put my phone away.She was probably already working her shift.I sat in the room trying to remember last night."What the fuck happened last night..." I asked myself.