Chapter 59

Billie's POV:I set the plate next to me on the step and picked up my drink.I took a couple sips and enjoyed the the view.Growing up in California is a lot different than New York in the weather and stuff.I went up to Trè's place a couple times back in the day when he lived in Berkeley.I heard the sound of the wind blowing and birds chirping.It was so peaceful.I got up and headed inside."You good Billie?" Mike asked."Hmm?Yeah.I'm better now.I gotta check on Sarah out back."I put my plate and the dishes into the dishwasher since no one else did it yet."I'll holler if I need your help.""Trè and Kiera are sleeping on the couch."I looked over and saw the sleeping beauties."Well not anymore."I walked over to Trè and examined him.I licked my finger and stuck it in his ear.He jumped awake."Billie!What the fuck man?""Wet Billie.Now get off the couch if you wanna sleep.I might need your help anyways."I turned around towards Mike."See,problem sol-OWW!"Trè smacked my ass hard.When he did a large cracking sound filled the room."That fuckin hurt dude.""Whatever.What do you need help with?""Sarah.I gotta go check on her."I headed to the back door and walked out to the platform with the trap door.Trè and Mike followed,staying close behind.I crouched down and held the simple sliding lock in my hand.I gazed up at Mike and Trè.I took a deep breath and slowly unlocked it.I gently lifted the door just a crack to see what was going on."Holy.Shit."