Chapter 57

Kiera's POV:It was silent again for a moment."Did she?..."I looked down to my hands and noticed I was picking at the skin around my nails."She hit her head and broke her neck.She didn't come back up the trail after about 7 minutes.That's when I walked down and she was just...floating there."I started to silently cry."I'm sorry Kiera...""It's ok.I don't think she would've lived longer than she did if she stayed with her mother.Her mom would shoot her up when she was barely awake or when she was sick.She had a good life with us...It still gives me nightmares..."He quickly piped up."You have them too?""What?Nightmares?Yeah...I never told anyone.I didn't want people to think I'm crazy or put me on meds.Sarah has them too all the time though...she's been through hell and back...more than once."His eyes pondered the area infront of him.He looked at me trying to tell me what his were about with his eyes.I knew that it would be hard for him to talk about whatever caused his nightmares."I-""It's ok Billie.You don't have to tell me.""I...I think I should...not just you.Mike,Trè,Sarah.I never even told them.They just knew I had nightmares.I don't even think Trè knows actually.It's usually Mike I always wake up to screaming.""It's totally up to you Billie.You don't have to.""I do.Especially Sarah.She might understand where I'm coming from.Like a personal level.Not that you don't...I...I just think you guys should hear it all at once."I nodded."Umm...what time is it?"I looked at my watch."About 2:30.""Alright...I'm gonna finish this off and then I gotta check on Sarah.""Ok."I got up and started to make my way back to the door."Oh Kiera?""Yeah?""Thanks...No one usually comes to me after...what happened.I'd be ok if no one does but it takes me a while to get back to being me.You really sped that up.""You're welcome.I'm glad I helped.""I'm really sorry about your friend...I've..."He paused."Well like I said I think you all should hear what I gotta say about y'know...""Absolutely...take your time."I went back inside.