Chapter 43

A woman in her late 40's opened the door.I could see three little boys standing behind her patiently.They were around the ages 8 to 12."Hello...um are you Sarah's mother?""Yes,yes I am.May I ask who you are?""I'm Kiera.I'm Sarah's roommate.""Kiera!"She gave me a hug and invited me inside."Sarah's told me all about you and how you're such great friends.I never knew she finally had made a friend until she told me about you.She's showed me some of your artwork in the mail.You are a great artist.""Thank you very much but...I have something very serious to talk to you about.""Oh..Um boys can you-Oh let me introduce you to her little brothers.This is Sam,he's 8.That's Jake he's 10 and that's Johnny,he's 12.Her sister is in school right now.""Hi boys.It's nice to meet you and all of you are adorable but I need to talk to your mom for a few minutes.Ok?"They shook their heads but still stood there."Go on boys.Go play in the front room."They ran into the front room and played with their trucks and toys."Could I speak to you outside.I don't want the boys to hear this."She looked at me with concern."Ok..."I opened the door and we went outside."I...I think you should sit down...um...""Michele."She sat down in one of the chairs on porch.I sat down as well and took a deep breath.I looked down into my hands and started to speak.