Part 5: Give Me A Break!

Nehal was too beat up to speak and we had no idea what to do here. It is hard to give your opinion when you don' t exactly know what the issue is. Neither did she deny being in love with Anshul nor Shivam. She still did not make a call to Anshul and did not go after Shivam either. 

We just tucked her in bed and Anidhi stayed over with her. Now I'm back to my apartment. But as soon as I get in, I have my own surprise waiting for me.

"You don't pick any of my calls."

Arvind. In a black silk shirt that fit him really well and navy blue denims, he looked mouth watering as usual. The problem with him was though that he knew how handsome he was. He knew he  had the looks to die for. 

"And that should be reason enough for you to stay the hell away from me."

"Angry today, are we?"

I did not say anything and just opened the door for him. "You just leave, my family will be back soon."

"Not unless you tell me what is going on."

"You slept with someone else. It is over. Now get out Arvind."

"We were not together then, Sanya."

"We were separated for two days Arvind. It took you two days to get back to the wagon?"

"I was drunk and it happened by mistake."

There comes the age old golden excuse.

"By mistake? And where exactly were you trying to put it in? Her mouth?"

"No, I only like to put it in your mouth."

"Get the hell out of here. You disgust me."

"You love me and you know it."

With that he made his way out but handed me a rose first with a note attached to it. 

I love you. Forgive me.

I shut the door immediately, hoping my brother does not come soon and see Arvind here. The fact that Arvind has a key to the house is going to make him flip. He loathed him completely and was completely against this relationship. And now, so was I.

__________________CHASING LOVE____________________

Switching the channels mindlessly, I noticed the damn television in my room for the first time. Sanya had left and Anidhi was cooking us some lunch in the kitchen. 

I let him walk away. After he left, Sanya told me what an idiot I was being. This was the second time I was letting him get away. I did not know what I was doing. Anshul kept springing up in my mind and... I was just so confused.

I looked at my phone and saw all the missed calls from Anshul and none from Shivam. I could not take it any longer and I called Shivam.

After about six rings, he picked up.

"Hello," He said in a cold, condescending tone. 

"Hey Shivam."

"What did you want? Anything important?"

Uh-oh.

"I just, please don't be mad at me. I am really confused."

"Nehal. Please, don't start again. I can't take this anymore."

I can't take this anymore?

I remained silent on the phone.

"I know now for sure. You cannot be loyal and honest towards me ever."

Why is he talking like that? What did I lie to him about?

"You are a writer and your life is a romance novel for you. You try and bring your imagination into reality. But you are not the only writer here Nehal, we have our own lives too. It cannot revolve around you and the way you want everything to work out." Pause and then he continued. 

"I cannot do this anymore. I cannot spend more than half of my days just thinking about you now. It only leads to a lot of time wastage and that is all."

"Shivam, please."

"What are you pleading for? You have Anshul and I have Tripti. At least she is not playing games with me all the time."

"Let us talk later, Shivam." I had to disconnect as soon as possible, I was afraid I would have ended up crying on the phone.

"Bye." 

And. Over.

I had no idea why even now I was expecting a call. Anidhi called me to the living room, letting me know Lunch was ready. 

"Hey, how are you feeling?", she asked while handing me a plate of pancakes. 

"I'm okay. Shivam is messed up."

"Shivam is messed up?"

"Yeah. He is engaged to Tripti, in love with me and now he is mad at me. I mean, yeah I'm a late bloomer, but ughhhhh."

Anidhi remained silent and continued eating herself.

"And then there is Anshul. He is always gone and he is hardly interested in me and what I am doing."

"He has been going crazy calling you since yesterday Nehal. For all we know he might be coming back today. You are not treating him fair."

"It is not like we have an amazing relationship or something. It irks him everyday that I won't have sex with him. I mean, hey, it is my body and I have my rules. Why is sex everything?"

"If it were everything, he won't be staying with you, right?"

"Just let it be. Why did you have to bring the pregnancy news right in front of me when I was depressed? I think it has depressed me even more."

All of a sudden she got up and grabbed her hand bag. 

"Call me when you feel better."

"You are leaving? How selfish can you be?"

She turned around and I saw her eyes, she was really mad.

"I'm selfish?" She shouted. I did not say anything. 

"You are being so self centred Nehal! Look at what you are doing. You broke up with this guy for no particular reason but  the fact that you could not find your stupid, stupid spark and told him he was supposed to move on. He was in hell Nehal! When you left him. But just because it made you happy to still have you in his life, he stayed. And when he finally does move on , all of a sudden the princess decides she wants him.

What the hell is wrong with you, huh? Sure, you are can be confused all you want but at least don't mess with other people's feelings. Why did you move in with Anshul if you never were sure about him? You cannot blame anyone for this but yourself. You want everyone to listen to you and everything to go your way and everyone to be present at your beck and all. But if they fail to do so, they are messed up. God. Give me a break. Give ALL OF US A BREAK." And she turned towards the door and left.