Part 21: Too Much Chocolate

Blogger: Neha Huda

#1 What is Love? "Excerpt"

Have you ever wondered what is it? When you go from one relationship to another do you wonder if there is any authenticity to this word? Is it anything special or is it just an illusion? Have you ever wondered that if it really is the way like we read about in novels or hear in songs then how come it comes and goes and then comes again?

Is it just like other emotions? Like one time you are sad and other times happy. And that is what love is like? But in this case when it goes away, we happen to go away from that person too.

Because as we grew older, most of us have said those three magical words to more than one person. So were we lying lying before? Were we pretending?

No, we are not pretending or lying. We really did feel that way at that time. And in the beginning of each of those relationships we were happy too. They must have all ended for different reasons but we can't deny feeling the way we did in the beginning and through most of the relationship leaving out the end.

So as I sit beside my man, eating my third ice-cream of the day and look at him, I decide not to ponder of the future or the past but pay attention to only the present. I cannot change my past and I have no control over my future. I don't know whether he is the one and I'm not sure what will happen next. But as we wipes off the chocolate from my lip and kisses me softly, I know only one thing.

I won't give this moment away for anything else in the world. It maybe love or it may not be, but I'm so happy right now and I feel so loved.

So NOW is what matters.

TO READ MORE PLEASE GO THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF WOMEN IN ME.

**

I can't help but feel proud of myself. My first blog has been put up on the website and my editor Ridhi, loved it so much that she has decided to print this in the main magazine as well.

Anidhi and I are in a candy store buying chocolates. In her pregnancy she craves nothing more than chocolates. She has told me that she has consumed over ten chocolate bars in a day. As I select my choice of sweet poison for the day, she completes her story of a woman she met in a park two weeks ago.

"I don't think you met any woman at all," I comment after she finishes.

"Nehal, I knew you won't believe me. You probably think whatever she said was complete BS!"

"No, I don't ." I clarify, she has lately been pretty emotional as well. "I think whatever she said was pure genius. But it came from you not her! These things you already are aware of Anidhi. Now you decide what to do."

"I'm trying to make it work," she says softly. I know why her tone is like this, she knows I don't approve. But I decide to simply let it go. She is pregnant with his kids and they are married. They should try and make it work.

"So did you check out my blog?"

"Oh... I completely forgot to tell you. It was so beautiful. I loved it!! Did Shivam read it?"

"Yes, he did. He loved it too. He is taking me to dinner today just to celebrate," I tell her with a blush.

"Marry the man!"

**

I check my wardrobe, deeply regretting denying Sanya's offer to go shopping with her. I have nothing to wear!

I decide on a black lace dress. It is modest and yet tight enough to show off my curves. It reaches just above the knees and has a lace design covering my entire back and showing off just the right amount of skin. I pair the dress with Silver heels that I have never worn. Shivam is really tall and these are like six inches. So I decide they will more than just do.

I keep my make up simple and minimal just adding a dramatic red lipstick. Shivam gives me a missed call, signifying that he is here. As I go downstairs and the leave the house, I see him standing, waiting for me.

As he sees me, his eyes shoot a look of approval and he kisses me on my cheek. "You are gorgeous. Are you sure you are mine?"

"Not really," I joke and he laughs. He opens the door for me and I get in. "Very gentlemanly today, are we?" I remark.

"A lady as beautiful as you deserves a gentleman."

"What is up with you?" I laugh. "You are being cheesy today." And my old worry struck again. Is he proposing tonight?

"Nothing." He smiles. "By the way, my parents have invited us for lunch tomorrow."

Oh no. I smile to him but completely become water inside as he drives away.

**

I completely forget my worries as he takes my hand to lead me to the restro-bar. It is a dimly lit place with the theme of a jungle. There are artificial trees inside and wooden tables designed in the shape of a trunk of a tree inside. The place is vibrant with great ambience.

"Amazing."

Shivam smiles at my approval and leads me to our table. Soon, I find myself talking and laughing with him just like old times. His hand still hasn't left mine and we flirt with each other endlessly.

He soon takes me to the bar to catch up on a drink. "Just one." I tell him, "believe me that's all I can take too," he replies.

Four drinks later, we laugh stupidly over a man sitting next to us talking to his wife.

"Yes honey, anything else?"

"Onions. Got it," he sighed into the phone.

"I will have just one, I promise honey," he says and looks at us.

"Get married and you will know," he tells us sternly.

Shivam and I look away shamefully. "We won't know anytime soon, sir." He whispers giddily to me.

And I breathe a sigh of relief and kiss him immedaitely. "God, I was so scared," I told him.

"Scared about what?" he askes amused.

"Scared that you wanted to get married right now! You don't know how relieved I am."

"Oh, I see," he smiles. "You don't want to get married right now?"

"No!" I said. "We have just started our relationship, that is one big hell of a step and we need to work on so much before we can decide that we want to spend our lives together."

"Right. We still need to decide," he says and asks for the bill.

"Is everything okay?"

He kisses me and says "of course, baby. Good to know we both are on the same page."