Part 18:Boombox

I had posted this chapter earlier but somehow the 2k words I wrote were gone and only the first 500 were visible! Bleh.. sometimes wattpad can really get on your nerves. Anyway, I had to rewrite it. -.- So sorry guys for the inconvenience caused, I did take down the chapter as soon as I could.

Without any further delay

B O O M B O X  (Check out the song!)

I went to the fridge opening the freezer right away. Looking at all the options of ice-cream, I grab butterscotch and chocolate fudge and take one scoop out from each of them and add them to a bowl. Keeping the ice-cream bricks back in the freezer, I grab Oreo cookies from the cupboard and melt them. I add them to my ice-cream paradise.

There is nothing like ice-cream therapy.

"Well, now that is selfish. You have a guest here and you are enjoying ice-cream alone out there! That is really bad Nehal!" Ayush my best friend remarks. I totally forgot about him being here.

"There is the freezer and rest is in the kitchen. Make yourself at home." I reply while pointing towards the washroom with my finger.

"You are pointing towards the loo."

"Oh, I know. My ice-cream. I am really possessive about it."

He sighs and gets some ice-cream for himself.

"So whats bothering you?"

"This is the first time in my life in a long time that nothing is bothering me." I smile at him.

"And that is whats bothering you, right?"

How does he know me so well?

"Shut up."

"Nehal, I know you. Whats going on?"

I know you know me. That is another thing that's bothering me now.

"Shivam has been talking about getting married."

"Oh."

"I met his parentsawhile back. He told them about us. They insisted on us getting married and he was delighted."

"So whats wrong about it?"

"We just got together Ayush!"

"Nehal. Stop being so cautious. Take some risks you know."

Yeaaaaaaaah right. If I were cautious I would not have gone ahead and made a fool of myself in front of around three hundred guests in his engagement party!

"You mean take the risk? The risk of getting married?"

"Yeah, but not before Anidh gives birth to her trips and before Sanya getting married.  They would be really mad at you for stealing their thunder."

"Kind of like you stealing my ice-cream." I say and point towards his hand which has very smoothly wrapped itself around my half finished bowl. "I really love him and I'm happier more than ever, you know."

"So whats wrong with getting married to your ex-boyfriend and best friend of almost six years?" He asked while grabbing my ice-cream bowl. I let it go. 

"Nothing. Marriage is something we shouldn't rush into. It is something we build relationships into.. and I don't think we are there yet."

"Then you got to talk to him before he goes ahead and throws a second engagement party for himself. And this time you will be announcing a complete different disaster on the microphone."