Part 8:God Finally Answered My Prayer

"Told you never to get married, it was the dumbest thing ever." Ayush commented. I had asked him to meet me for Coffee, he was General manager of The Hilton so he hardly ever had the time. But hearing my voice in distress, he relented. 

"I want to work it out with him," I sighed. "But it is impossible when he refuses to listen to me and understand."

"Well, don't get divorced. Maybe you can just separate for awhile. Distance will do you good."

"No."

"Get another job?"

"I am on contract." 

"But it is your company too?"

"It is complicated."

"Told you never to get married, it was the dumbest thing ever." He repeated.

"Can you help me out?" I said irritatingly. 

"What do you want me to say? I have a party today, come with me. You will feel better."

"I  can't. I already have plans."

"Shopping with Nehal?" he asked. 

"No. I'm going to meet someone for dinner."

"Who?"

"Jai."

His expression said it all. He sighed and remained silent for awhile. 

"This is so stupid, Anidhi."

"It is just dinner."

"I don't know what to say. You need to talk to Nehal or Sanya."

"They are leaving for Goa, today."

"Go with them."

"I can't. Divyam is worried something might happen to me and in turn it will effect the baby."

"The baby? You are pregnant?" he asked bewildered. Oh yes, I did not tell him.

I nodded. "Pregnant and you will go have dinner with your first love behind your husband's back?" 

I nodded once more.

"Told you never to get married, it was the dumbest thing ever," he said again and I hit his hand lightly. 

Our spinach sandwitches arrived along with our coffees. It was easy to talk to Ayush, even though he mostly acted like he did not care. I told him everything that happened with Nehal and he laughed, "You guys must be sisters by blood or something." 

"There is nothing similar about our respective situations." 

"Really?" he started to laugh again. 

_______________________________Chasing Love_______________________________________

I had chosen a black dress and straightened my hair. When I called Jai, I did not even expect him to pick up. But surprisingly he did and invited me to have dinner with him.

Invited me to dinner. With him.

How much I had wished this would happen  when I was a crazy hormone freaked teenager in love? I prayed to god or moon or whatever I could find just to make this happen.

Guess god finally answered my prayer.

BUT I DID NOT ASK FOR ME TO BE PREGNANT AND MARRIED TO SOMEONE ELSE WHEN THIS WOULD HAPPEN.

I arrived early and the host led me to a table for two. After waiting for at least ten minutes, I saw him come towards the table. He was wearing a red shirt and black formal trousers. He looked fresh and vibrant as always. His hair were messy and he looked really cute. He smiled on seeing me and came to sit with me.