Part 15:Egg Fight

"Here you go." Shivam says politely and hands me some aspirin. He places a steamy cup of coffee beside me on a table and holds one himself. I am relieved to see him act decently with me, what with last night, when he was being so rude.

Of course, he is going to be nice to me now, I was naked in front of him. I mean, I sort of break up with him again after he sorts of breaks with me again and then I end up sleeping with him? Yeah, yeah. No biggie here.  

I have such a terrible headache, I can't remember anything from last night. In a hurry, I put on one of Shivam's shirt and all my clothes are lying in different positions in his living room. Yay. 

"You got a new place?" I begin, trying to make conversation.

"Yeah, like I told you last night, I got promoted and well, this place is closer to work and the rent is half of the original price because of where I work in now."

"Oh." 

"Nehal, you..did not sleep with me last night, you can relax." He says.

"What?" Huh??

"Yeah, you did not sleep with me. I was not going to take advantage of your drunken state."

"But you still took some considering I had no clothes on just a few minutes ago!"

"Oh.. miss, don't blame me. You did that yourself."

"You are lying."

"No, I am not lying."

"I stripped? Why?"

"You know you better. I have had five years and I can't figure you out." He smirks.

Whoa. And he told me last night he got promoted? I only remember hearing from Arvind. I get up and gulp the coffee down and head towards the living room to get my bag. As soon as I find it lying somewhere between the dining table and the showpiece cabinet, I takemy cellphone out.No missed calls or messages from my friends. Only mom. 

"Well, this is weird." I say to myself but Shivam hears me as he comes out. "Yours friends were pretty gone themselves. Pregnancy got to Anidhi and she was vomiting her brains out and well..Sanya..." 

"Where are they?"

"I don't really know, I was busy babysitting you. You were hell bent on dancing on every table that the bar owned and the men were hell bent on taking you home!"

"I did no such thing!"

"Sure!" 

Suddenly my phone rings and I am relieved to see it is Anidhi. "Hey An, where are you?"

"Where am I? Where were you? We were looking for you last night well technically morning because it was around five a.m!"

"Wait, what? What the hell were  we doing there till five?"

"I don't know, I was so sick. And Arvind ended up calling Divyam who rushed to take me to the hospital and he wouldn't listen until I agreed. I kept telling him I was okay and it was normal but he wouldn't listen so then  I was in the emergency room and Arvind promised to drop Sanya off at her place. My stomach pain was too much so they gave me a painkiller which ended up putting me to sleep." 

Well, that is a lot of information to take early in the morning with a big hangover and with your ex boyfriend who's engagement you broke. 

"Well, I am at Shivam's....."

"What?"

"Yeah." I looked over at him, who already had all his attention towards me, "Hey Anidhi, so you are okay right?"