Part 7: Carry You

"Coffee or tea?" Anshul asked. He had returned three hours after Anidhi left. He had a conference in Mumbai and now he was back.  Thankfully, I had cleaned up before then. I took a shower and had tidied up the house. I was working on my book when I heard my buzzer ring. 

As soon as I had opened the door, he asked me what happened and I told him I needed to talk. I decided to come clean to him and told him everything that happened at Shivam's engagement party. He remained silent for a long a time and after awhile he spoke.

"Neither. Please say something," I pleaded.

"So are you sure you love him?" he asked.

"No, I am not sure." He sat beside me and sighed heavily. So  I continued. "But I think this is for the best. Anshul, you don't even want a future with me."

"Huh?" he asked looking totally puzzled.

"You don't want to get married," I clarified. "You have always been against the union."

"So? You don't want to have sex but I'm not leaving you, am I?"

"You are just hoping I will change my mind, just like I keep hoping you will change yours."

"I love you, Nehal." 

"I should move out. I'm not going back to Shivam either. I just need to be on my own."

"As you wish, Nehal."

He said coldly and got up. I had already packed the majority of my stuff in the bedroom and I heard him gasp on seeing my stuff all packed.

"You are leaving today?" he asked all of a sudden.

"Yeah, the sooner the better."

"You are rushing."

"What?"

"You are just afraid you will change your mind if you stay."

"You are right, I am." 

"Then what is the damn use Nehal?"he said raising his tone a bit.

"What is the use of living in confusion?"

With that he did not add anything else and I was back to my mom's place. Sanya insisted on taking me shopping and after that we confirmed our plans for Goa. She was right, we needed to unwind ourselves a bit. 

__________________________Chasing Love______________________________________________

(Anidhi)

I was the happiest when I found out I was pregnant and so was Divyam. But lately I could not shake the feeling away of something wrong was happening. Like my life was not in my control anymore but someone else's. 

Divyam and I had met in college and we were both pursuing interior designing. We both were in same classes and a month later, I started dating him. What started out as a casual relationship turned into a serious one very soon. I literally had no idea now how we got here, how weekly hanging out at his place changed into being his wife and living in his place. 

Divyam was extremely rich and did not want me to work. But knowing that I won't marry him if he won't let me work, he surprised me on my birthday. He and his father had let me open my very own company. It was  jointly owned by me and Divyam and mostly we worked together. What in the beginning looked like the most romantic thing ever now just looked like he was trying to keep me around him. 

He had no objections though if I hung out with my friends, if he trusted them. But I had no idea how to make him trust the boys. Apart from Ayush, who was my childhood friend, he did not like me being in anyone's company. I did not mind all these things because he was a good boyfriend. He took really good care of me and was always trying to make me happy. But I wanted to be on my own and that was just not possible in this relatonship.

And now I was his wife.

Waking up in the morning, I realized I was completely naked. You would think we did something but we did not. 

"This is a beautiful sight to wake up to," Divyam commented with a smile.

"Shut up and come and kiss me," I pleaded.

"I can't, then you will turn me on." 

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH

The pregnancy hormones were crazy. I felt like I was horny all the time and I was always so hot. No matter how much I tried to persuade Divyam into a quickie, he did not listen. He was all fatherly now and worried about hurting the baby.

"Sanya told me about leaving for Goa, I was thinking about going with them." I said all of a sudden getting up and putting on my robe. 

"Anidhi, you are pregnant and you and your friends do crazy things," he said sternly. "I can't allow this. It is not safe for the baby."

Yeah. He can't allow this. I'm his daugher, aren't I?

"I'm just trying to protect you," he said softly when I did not reply.

"Sure, I am a baby myself aren't I?" I said sarcastically.

"I can't believe this. You are going to be a mother and I don't see any new changes in you. Be a little bit responsible at least now Anidhi. You are so careless and irresponsible. And don't be sarcastic with me."

"Why can't you let me go for once? Why do we have to fight every time?" I shouted. "When will I go next? After I have a toddler in my arms?"

"Fine. I will take you to Goa." He commanded. 

"No. I don't want to go with you, I want to go with them!"

"They can come too Anidhi," he said like it was obvious.

"It is supposed to be girls only."

"Why? Now you have a problem with your husband coming too? What do you want to do there that you don't want any one of us knowing? Flirt with other guys? Pretend you are not married?"

"I'm so done with this. You are crazy."

"Then leave me, if that makes you happy. But while I am with you, I will do whatever the hell I want if that means I am protecting my wife and my baby."

I knew arguing was stupid here so I ran to go have my shower. I heard the bedroom door close. Good, he had left for work. Finally some air to breathe.

I can't go to Goa. 

I hate this. I hate my life. And I can't even talk to Nehal about this. 

I got out of the shower and checked my phone. I opened my contact list and scrolled to a name that I must have last called about seven years ago.

And I hit Call.