Running

FORD'S POV

It's pouring outside and I was just sitting at the kitchen table eating dinner as the sky went dark. I swear I saw a flash of (f/c) cross the beach. I walked outside for a minute and heard sobbing as a girl ran away.

"Hey are you ok?!" I shouted as I chased after her. I watched as she dipped into (Y/n)'s Cave. I was drenched as I followed her in.

"Miss are you ok?" I called again when I found her shaking form in front of the pool and glow worms.

"I'm alright," (y/n) sniffled as she blushed and wiped her eyes.

"Hey what's wrong?" I asked as I sat next to her and pulled her close.

"Mattie got m-mad at me," she sniffled.

"Did he hurt you?" I asked as I looked down at her. She shook her head.

"N-no he scared me. H-h-he yelled at me and got in my face," she hiccuped. I hugged her tight and nuzzled her hair.

"I won't let him do that again," I said into her hair. I moved to kiss her forehead as she went to kiss my cheek.

Our lips met.

We both blushed hard, but I was so happy. She pulled away and covered her mouth.

"I am so sorry," she said with wide eyes. I fixed my glasses and blushed.

"I-it's fine," I stuttered. She smiles and a small giggle left her lips before she just started laughing.

"I love ya Fordsy," she smiled as she flopped next to me and laid her head in my lap. My heart cracked at the sound of the saying being so casual. I wanted to gush my heart out to her. My mouth was open, but someone interrupted me.

"Ford, why did you run out in this storm?" Stanley shouted as he jogged in.

"It was my fault," (y/n) chuckled as she sat up.

"Matthew scared her," I said darkly. Stanley rushed over and moved the girl into his lap as he sat.

"Did he hurt you?" Stanley asked as he poked at her. (Y/n) started laughing as Stanley tickled her.

"S-stop I'm ok!" she squealed. Stanley smiled and hugged her.

"We just want you safe, happy, and smiling," he said as he nuzzled her neck. I saw her ears go red as she rubbed his back.

"Thanks Stanley. I should get home guys," she yawned as fatigue hit her. Stanley stood with her in his arms.

"Then let's get you home then," Stanley said. I stood and kissed her forehead.

"Back into the rain," I smiled at her. She smiled with a small giggle as she hopped out of Stanley's arms.

"Come on then!" she called as she raced out into the rain.

"What the hell?!" I shouted at Stanley.

"What?" he asked as he looked at me.

"Why are you flirting with her?" I demanded.

"I'm not! We were acting as always," he said. I growled a bit.

"Just... don't get attached to her. I don't want to let her go from our triangle," I said.

"You think I want her to go? She basically keeps us together! I love her so much. I love us so much," he shouted.

"You think I don't love her?! I want it to be just us forever!" I shouted back.

"Maybe it could be," Stanley said.

"How?" I pouted.

"Come on she's waiting for us. I'll tell you tonight," Stanley said as he raced after (Y/n). I sighed and followed into the rain. I let the cold rain hit me, but I wasn't cold. I still felt the kiss that warmed me. It may have been incidental, but the kiss made me so happy.