News

"Hey I talked to Shermie today," you said as you stepped into the kitchen.

"Really? What did the little man what?" Stan asked.

"Well your niece wants to send her twins up here and he asked for her," you said as you walked to the fridge.

"Dipper and Maple?" he asked.

"Mabel, tough guy," you corrected as you pulled out what you needed for dinner.

"Ok, but why here?" he asked.

"Because their responsible Gruncle and Graunt, would be happy to loan the attic to them for the summer," you hummed.

"You said yes already didn't you?" he sighed.

"You know I can't refuse. I almost moved in with them when those two were born. I wish you'd come down and visit with me when I go down there. Shermie misses you, same as your parents," you said softly. Stanley froze with a sharp intake of breath.

Stanley's POV Flashback

"Hello?" I asked as I answered the phone.

"Stanford?" my father asked. I froze.

"Y-yeah?" I responded nervously.

"Your brother... He's dead Stanford," father said with a sigh.

"I heard," I stated as I looked at the newspaper in front of me.

"That idiot," father breathed. My eye twitched and I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Look dad-" I started.

"It's my fault. I kicked him out. I never gave him a change. I got caught up in my own greed. Now I'll never be able to apologize or see him again. He died thinking I hated him and him hating me," as he spoke I could hear the tears in his voice.

"Dad... I believe he forgave you a long time ago," I said with a small smile and a heart of joy.

"You think so?" he asked.

"Yeah dad I know so," I grinned.

"Hey babe dinner is ready," (y/n) said as she poked her head in the room.

"Ok I'll be right there. Dad I have to go," I said.

"Alright son. Tell (y/n) I say hello," he said lightly.

"Alright bye dad," I said as I hang up.

"Who was on the phone?" (Y/n) asked as she looked up from playing dinner.

"My dad. He was so upset I died," I said with a small grin.

"I told you he missed you," she grinned as she sat for dinner.

"Yeah yeah you were right," I agreed.

Back to the now your POV

"When will they be here?" Stan asked changing the subject.

"In a week, enough time to clear out the attic and put some beds up there," you said.

"What if they don't like me?" he asked. You smiled and kissed his forehead.

"Nah you're the fun Grunkle," you said as you say in his lap.

"Alright fine," he sighed with a grin as he rested his head on your shoulder.

"I'm sorry," he said as you felt his hand rest on your abdomen. You drone and took a shaky breath.

"It's fine. Just not meant to be," you said as you hugged him, fighting back tears.