Chapter 1: Savannah

A|N: Savannah will be played by Zendaya

-Savannah POV-

My name is Savannah Marie Carter and I'm eighteen years old. Living in New Jersey ain't so bad and living in 1992 aint' so bad either. Let me tell you about myself: I'm 5'5, brown eyes, long brown hair and what some consider a "yellow bone" whatever that means. I consider myself pretty and so do some of the boys in my school and on my block. Don't get me wrong everyone has their flaws and all, no one is perfect. I'm definitely not perfect! I can be civilized but also very ghetto when it comes down to it. I'm book smart but also street smart. I live with my mom who is a nurse and my dad who is a Pastor. Besides preaching my dad owns his own towing company. Trust me being a PK (Preacher's Kid) ain't easy. Everyone expects you to be perfect like you can't do anything wrong. . . Well they are so wrong! I like to stay out of trouble though, which ends up finding its way to me anyways. I have a fourteen year old sister named Camaira, we go to the same school. She's a freshman and I'm a senior. I also have an older brother named Roshon who is 22 and I love both of them to death. You know going to school with Jodeci isn't so bad either, especially when you sit next to DeVante Swing himself!! I love school. . . SOMETIMES!

I finished getting ready by 7:30AM. It's Tuesday, March 5th - another day of school. I looked into my mirror one more time checking my hair and make up. My curly hair is a bun and my makeup is still in tack. I opened my room door walking out and shutting it behind me. I made a right walking over to the stairs. I walked down the stairs and made a left heading for the kitchen. My parents and Camaira are sitting there eating breakfast.

"Morning everyone" I said sitting at the table and grabbing a slice of bacon.

"Morning sweetie" my mom said.

"Morning" my dad said.

"Wassup" Camaira said. Dad gave her stern look and she cleared her throat.

"I mean good morning" she said eating her Corn Flakes quickly. I laughed a little and drank some of my orange juice.

"Its almost seven forty, when do you plan on going to school" my father asked sipping on his coffee.

"It takes ten minutes to get there dad, relax" I said putting my orange juice down.

"Excuse me" he said standing and leaning down to press on the table. He cocked his eyebrow and stared at me. I knew what that look meant!

"I mean were leaving now" I said bending down for my back pack.

"Lets dip" I said tapping my sister.

"Where's Roshon by the way" Camaira asked.

"Still asleep I bet" I said as we exited the kitchen.

"That fool always sleeping" she said getting her bag off of the couch.

I grabbed my keys off the coffee  table and walked over to the opened front door. I walked out closing it behind me and locked it. We walked down the stairs and over to my white jeep Wrangler. We climbed into the car and we threw our bags in the back. I put my seatbelt on and so did she. I put the key in the ignition starting the engine.

"Only three more months of school, how bad can it be" I asked her putting my car in drive.

"I guess we'll have to wait and see" she said shrugging. I pressed on the gas going down the block.

"I wonder if anything juicy is gonna happen this year. It's my last year and I wanna live it up before college swings around." I told her.

"Be careful what you wish for Savannah. Not everything needs to end with a Big Bang." She spat.

I rolled my eyes hella hard at her. We finally approached Chloe's house and I honked my horn.

Chloe looked up and started walking to the girl. When she got in the car I complimented her outfit.

"Oooooo girl! You looking real fly!" I said pulling off again.

"For real Chloe, you really do look fly!" Camaira added.

Chloe was blushing hard as hell which caused me to laugh.

"Oh I know" she replied causing all of us to laugh.