Chapter 23: Date Number Two?

-Jade POV-

The bell ending last period finally rung so I gathered my stuff into my bag. I got out of my seat and exited the classroom. I headed to my lockers to get my  books for homework tonight.

I put the combination in for my lock and then pulled my locker door open. As I was switching the books someone leaned on Savannah's locker, which caused me to look up at the person.

"Oh, hey Cedric" I said smiling at him.

"Wassup" he said.

"Nothing, about to go to rehearsal. You going" I said.

"Yeah, I was coming over here to get you" he said.

I slammed my locker door shut. "Get me for what" I asked now facing him.

"To walk with you to rehearsal" he said giving me a quizzical look.

"I'd like that" I said smiling as we walked down the hall.

"So how did your classes go today" he asked.

"It was aight but it's better now that its over. Yours?" I retorted.

He laughed half heartily. "Same but my day is little brighter now" he said smiling at me.

He pulled the door open for me to the music room and I thanked him walking in.

"Why we always the first two here" I murmur to myself.

"I don't mind it being just us two" K-Ci said smirking at me mischievously.

I smirked back at him before playfully rolling my eyes. I put my bag down in one of the many chairs and made my way over to the mini stage. I thought it was nice that JoDeCi took time out of their busy schedule to teach how to sing. Well help us with our vocals for the performance coming up soon. I sat down at the edge of the stage, letting my legs dangle.

"So you wanna start while we wait on the others" K-Ci asked.

"Sure" I said.

"Aight, you want one of my songs or a different song" he asked sitting next to me.

"Let's try Weak" I said looking at him and he cocked an eyebrow.

"Any specific reason why you picked that song?" He asked curiously.

"Besides being a dope ass love song, no" I told him.

"Aight then, let me hear what you got" K-Ci replied heading over to the seats.

I don't know what it is that you've done to me

But it's caused me to act in such a crazy way.

Whatever it is that you do when you do what you're doing

it's a feeling that I want to stay.

I finished the first verse and opened my eyes to look at K-Ci. He actually looked impressed and I was cheesing from ear to ear.

"Color me impressed" he said standing up and clapping for me.

"Thanks, but i'm not nearly as amazing as they are" I said shrugging.

"No, but you definitely do have a great singing voice" he said finally making his way over to me.

He walked over to me just standing there. We stood there for a few seconds just looking at each other. I don't what possessed me to say it but I did.

"Kiss me" I whispered.

He bent down putting his ear next to my lips. "I don't think I heard you clearly enough" he smirked looking in my eyes.

I looked at the floor my shyness coming in full play now. K-Ci placed a finger under my chin making me look back up at him.

He kissed my slowly and gently and my body slowly melted into his. He grabbed my waist firmly and pushed me up against the stage.

"Hmmm" I moaned into his mouth.

"Get a room" Monae said making her presence and everyone else's known and causing the others to laugh.

We separated but my face was red from embarrassment.

"Now let's get down to bidness" DeVante said as everyone proceeded over to the stage.

"Maybe we can finish this later" K-Ci whispered to me.

"Maybe, only if there's a date number two" I said in the same tone as him.

He winked at me and I took that as a yes.

"Would y'all two get y'all asses up here" Dalvin said making us laugh.

We did as told and got onto the stage listening to what we are gonna rehearse.

A/N: Song and Words are by SWV-Weak