Chapter 38: Over It

-Chloe POV-

"Messiah I'm so upset" I told him sitting in his room. "About the thing you told dad" he asked. "Yeah and tonight is my performance" I said. "Yeah I know I actually wanna go" he said playing his game. "I don't think I wanna go" I said lying across his bed. "Why not" he asked still into his game. "Because Dalvin made me look like a fool. I'm worth more then twenty bones" I told him rolling my eyes. "Chloe its time for you to get over that fool, Yeah I guess his music is good but move on" Messiah said and my eyes widen. "But everyone in school knows about the bet! I can't show my face in that place ever again" I said placing one of his spider man covered pillow over my face. I heard him sigh and turn his game system off before lying down next to me. "Chloe I may be only ten years old but trust me you'll get over that nigga! People will eventually stop talking about it and if they say anything step to 'em" he said and I removed the pillow from my face looking at him. "I guess you have a point Messiah" I said. "No you don't guess, you know I do" he told me and I laughed shaking my head. "And as for that performance you're going and I don't wanna hear it" he said sitting up. "Yes Father, sir" I said laughing and he joined me. "Nah but seriously go" he said hugging me. "I love you even though you get on my nerves sometimes" I said hugging him back. "I love you too even though you get on my nerves all the time" he said smiling up at me. "Whatever" I said smiling and rolling my eyes letting go of him. "You can get out my room and go get ready now" he said sliding down his bed to get his Game boy. "Not" I said lying back down on his bed. "No I'm serious" he said turning around and looking at me with a serious face. "Who taught you to be so rude" I asked sliding off of his bed. "I get it from you" he said smiling at me. "Tuh please" I said opening his bedroom door. I started walking down the hall to my room when my father walked out of his room. We aren't on talking terms so I was about to walk right pass him when he grabbed my shoulder turning me around. I placed my hand on my hip looking at him with attitude written all over my face. "Are you still going to your performance" he asked. "Yeah" I replied ready to walk away still upset over the argument we had when he found out. "You know I really am sorry but I meant it. Except for the whole slut part or whatever" he said. He was never good at apologies and I get that from him. "I'm sorry about the whole mom thing too pops. I mean she would be upset with my decision too if she was here" I said getting sad thinking about her. He hugged me and I hugged him back "We'll get through this" he said kissing the top of my head. "Aw see y'all can be a family" Messiah said behind dad. We both laughed and dad pulled him into the hug and we stood there like a happy family for once. "Now if y'all excuse me I have to go get ready" I said breaking away from the hug. "Me too" Messiah said wiping his face. "Are those tears I see" I asked him laughing a little. "Nah its allergies" he said going down the hall to his room. "That little boy is too much" my pops said. "Yeah I agree" I said turning around going to my bedroom. I walked into my room closing the door behind me starting to look for something to wear.