Chapter 4: Monae

A|N: Monae will be played by Yara Shahidi

-Monae POV-

My name is Monae Patience Montgomery and I'm eighteen years old. Turned eighteen two days ago and I'm loving it so far. I'm light skin, brown eyes, curly black hair, 5'6, nice smile, skinny and proud. I live with my mom, she is a hair stylist, she owns her own shop. I have a little sister named Nichole, she's eleven. I also have a little brother named Jarid who is thirteen. I'm not a bad ass but I do like to get blazed! I party sometimes it depends on my mood that day. I get mostly B's in school.

I'm checking my outfit out in the mirror in the living room. I heard the honk and literally almsot flew right out of the house. I slammed the door close hearing my moms yell something but I sprinted down the stairs and to the car. Jade moved over to the middle seat in the back and I got behind Camaira. As I was putting my seatbelt on, Savannah already started driving.

"Damn Savannah" I said gripping on the seat in front of me.

"My bad there's only five minutes left before school starts" She said speeding.

"You woke up late huh" I asked.

"Yes girl I was T to the I to the R , tired" she said singing to the Moesha beat causing us to burst into hysterics.

"Damn girl you tryna crash or something" Camaira said holding onto the dash board.

"No" Savannah spat pulling up to the school. She reduced her speed and pulled into her designated parking spot and killed the engine.

We got out of the car and some people were still chilling outside of the school.

"I still don't get why Myles takes the bus" Savannah said.

"Me either but there wouldn't be anymore room in the car anyhow" Jade said.

"Later y'all I see my boyfriend" Camaira said walking away waving goodbye over her shoulder.

"Later!" we all said waving bye and walking up the stairs to the school.