Chapter 21: Not My Day

Photo: Credit to Owner

-Savannah POV-

I woke up to the feeling of someone shaking me really rough. I stirred a little and opened my eyes trying to gain my vision.

"It was Roshon! I swear it was!" I said still half asleep.

"It's seven-twenty you about to be late for school" he said.

I threw the covers off of me getting out the bed.
"What the hell happened to my alarm" I asked him.

"You expect me to know that" he said knitting his eyebrows.

"Camaira awake yet" I asked.

"She just got out of the bathroom" He said following me out of my room.

I walked down the hall to the bathroom "Thanks for waking me up" I yelled through the closed door.

"You're welcome" he yelled back walking down the hall to his room.

I quickly got undressed and hopped into the shower. I picked up the Dial Soap bar. After completing my morning hygiene routine, I left the bathroom rushing back to my room.

"Savannah" Camaira said and I turned around. "Yeah" I said looking at her and placing my hand on my hip.

"You still ain't dressed yet" she said.

"I woke up late but I'll be ready in like fifteen minutes" I said walking into my room and closing the door behind me.

I quickly towel dry off and throw on my undergarments. After fifteen minutes of getting ready I walked over to my mirror and looked at myself.

" I'm not feeling it but whatever" I said shrugging and picking up my back pack. I threw one strap over my shoulder and walked out of my room. Closing the door behind me, I walked down the hall to Camaira's room.

I knocked on her door and it swung open so I walked in.

"Well i'm ready" I said looking at her.

"About time" she said turning her tv off and getting up from her spot on her bed.

She finally looked at me and her eyes went wide so I looked at her funny.

"What" I asked looking down at myself.

"Nothing, let's roll" she said pushing out of her room a little.

We walked out of her room heading downstairs. We walked in the kitchen except this time Roshon and dad were the only two sitting at the table.

"Morning" I said walking over to the table and picking up my orange juice.

"Morning" Pops said reading his paper like he does everyday.

"Mom went to work early this morning" Pops said.

"Yeah she woke me up asking to drop her off" Roshon said yawning.

I laughed a little "That explains why you woke me up this morning" I said.

"Why you seem so surprise though" he asked.

"Because you normally sleep in until last minute to get ready for class" Camaira said and we both laughed.

"Come on" I said sitting my juice back down. I checked the time - 7:40.

Me and Camaira walked out of the kitchen and headed to my car. I walked down to my car and tried unlocking the door. I realized something was wrong.

"Forgot these" Camaira said dangling my keys in the air.