Chapter 27: Bonding Time

-Jade POV-

School is finally over and I'm happy! I didn't get that much homework Hallelujah! I slammed my locker shut ready to go home and finish applying to more colleges. I turned around bumping into K-Ci and it caused me to sumble back a little.

"My bad Jade" he said gently grabbing me by my fore arms so I wouldn't fall down.

"Its cool Cedric" I said using his real name.

He smiled at me letting go of my arms and I fixed my bag on my shoulders.

"So wassup with you" I asked braking the silence.

"I was coming to ask you if you wanted to chill on Monday" he said.

"Are we hittin' up the ice cream shop again" I asked and we both laughed.

"Nah, there's this party and I wanted to know if you would come through" he said.

"Sure I'm always down for a party" I said and he smiled nodding his head.

"Aight then" he said kissing my cheek.

I blushed looking around at the people in the hallway. I swear my hormones were starting to start up from that little kiss.

"Later" I said walking around him to leave the shcool.

I walked down the hall getting stares from some of the girls but I just smiled and blew others kisses.

I pushed the doors open and walked down the stairs seeing Savannah and Chloe standing by her car. I took my time walking over to them looking at the skateboarders and the couples.

I made my way over to them smiling really hard and excited.

"Wassup with you jitter pants" Savannah asked laughing.

"Nothing but I'm gonna walk home today" I said calming down.

"Call me later though" she said.

"Later and be safe!"Chloe said getting into the passenger seat.

I made my left going down the block.

-10 Mins Later-

I walked up to the house to see my brothers playing ball in the drive way.

"Hey y'all" I yelled.

"Time" Tevin said holding the ball and panting.

"Wassup" Myles said as I approached the scene.

"Nothing who's beating who ass" I asked laughing a little.

"The score is tied" Tevin said bouncing the ball.

"Well let me know who wins aight? I'm gonna go inside and finish applying to some schools" I replied turning to walk away.

"Wait" they both called out and I turned back around.

"What" I asked confused.

"You have tomorrow and Sunday to do that" Tevin said.

"And" I said gripping my back pack while waiting for them to elaborate.

"Play a round of ball with us" Myles said.

" Wooow! I'm actually invited to play. I feel so honored." I said dramatically.

"You wanna play or not" Tevin asked unamused but had a slight smile on his face.

I should because we never really bond. Unless we watching TV or arguing over some stupid shit I thought.

"Yeah I'ma play" I said taking my bag and coat off and dropping them on the lawn.

"Alright" Tevin said happily passing me the ball.

"So we just gonna see who gets twenty-one points first" I asked bouncing the ball.

" If thats what you wanna do then yeah" Myles said.

"Now you know we not about to let you score twenty-one points Jade" Tevin said confidently.

"Then let's play" I said smiling deviously.