Chapter 7: Preparation

-Jade POV-

I finally made it home around 7:30pm. The party starts in one hour. I'm in my room in my undergarments trying to figure out what to wear. I pulled out a pair of denim overalls, a white shirt and my vans. I quickly showered and then oil my body before throwing on my clothes. As I was adding the finishing touches to my makeup, someone knocked on my door.

"Come in" I said. The door opened and my dad came in.

Shit I forgot about him I thought to myself. I'm still going to this party if he doesn't approve I thought again.

"So where are you going" he asked sitting on my bed.

"To Savannah's to study for this exam we have coming up" I lied.

"An exam for which class?" He inquired.

"Our history class dad." I lied again getting irritated now.

"I'm just looking out for you Jade. I don't need you getting into anything scandalous." He spat.

I rolled my eyes to the sky. "Dad you do realize I'm eighteen and will be going off to college pretty soon right?" I asked him fixing my lipstick and grabbing my hat.

"I know sweetie but I'm always gonna be worried about you." He states.

I smiled because although he could be annoying, he was still loving.

"I know but you don't have anything to worry about dad. I've been taking care of myself." I told him.

He smiled and walked over kissing my forehead. "I love you! Be safe on your way over to the Carter's." He said walking towards the door.

"I love you too pops." I told him honestly.

When the door closed I finished putting my accessories on and went over to my mirror to look over myself.

"Damn shorty you look good" I said laughing a little.

I took my glasses and placed them in my pocket of my overalls in case I needed them. I grabbed my invitation off my dresser and folded it. I stuffed it into my front right pocket with my glasses and walked to my room door. I opened it and turned the light off. I walked out closing the door behind me and I walked over to the stairs.

I walked down the stairs and luckily my dad is sleeping on the couch. I walked into the kitchen where my mom is reading the newspaper.

"Mom" I whispered and she looked up from the newspaper.

"I'm leaving" I said and she nodded.

"Be safe and get home before one" she said in a stern stone.

"Okay thanks and I love you" I said lowly while smiling.

"Yeah I know you do" she said smiling back and I walked out of the kitchen.

My mom is the cool parent she let me go to parties unlike my dad. I walked behind the couch so my dad wouldn't see my shadow from the TV.

I need my keys but they're on the coffee table.

"Shit" I whispered.

"Jade" My mom said behind me. I turned around and she threw her keys at me which I caught.

"Thank you!" I mouthed walking out the door.

Everyone agreed to meet at Monae house which was fine with me. I hopped in my mom white Lexus LS400 and pulled off.

-Ten mins Later-

I walked up the stairs onto Monae's porch, the lights turned on and I rang her doorbell. I stood there for a good 30 seconds before someone opened the door.

"Hey Jade" Jarid said letting me in.

Hey Jarid, where's Monae" I asked.

"In her room" he said locking the door.

I proceeded up the stairs and I made a sharp right to Monae's room. I knocked on her door and it swung right open.

"Alright look at you sexy" I said and we both started laughing.

"That outfit is the bomb" she said as we both hugged.

"I'm ready for this party" I said plopping onto her bed.

"For real! I just hope my parents don't smell nothing on me when I get blazed" she said.

"As if you care" I said leaning back against her pillows.

"I care about how they feel but I'm eighteen for peace sakes" she said annoyed.

I laughed a little and shrugged. "They be trippin' cuz, they're your parents though" I said.

"I guess" she said applying some lipstick.

"Gotta love them though" I spat.

"Do you think they're gonna be any fly guys at this party?" She asked.

I shrugged "I hope so because girl!" I said and we both fell out laughing.