Chapter 20: What About me?

-Monae POV-

It is now 8 O'Clock and I finished doing my homework two hours ago. I ain't gonna front it was kind of buggin' me that everyone else got to chill with their crush except for me. I was about to cop an attitude but then the house phone started ringing. I turned around grabbing the phone off the nightstand.

-Phone convo-

Me: Hello

??: Monae

Me: Yeah, who this

??: JoJo

Me: How did you get my number

JoJo: I got my ways and you got yours but wassup

Me: Nothing just chillin' in my room. Wassup with you

JoJo: Nothing just wanted to know if you free Friday

Me: Why

JoJo: *Laughs* You wanna chill Friday

Me: Don't you think its weird that you just called me up out of the blue

JoJo: Nah not really but its a simple yes or no

Me: Sure I guess

JoJo: Aight well see you tomorrow

Me: Aight

-End of Convo-

I put the phone back on the hook and then tilted my head to the right because I'm confused at what just happened.

"So someone finally wants to go on a date with you" Jarid said laughing a little while standing in the door frame.

I turned my head to look at my brother and rolled my eyes. I picked up my pillow and threw it at him but he bent down dodging it.

"I'm playing but Ma just came in" he said.

"Okay" I said getting up from my bed and walking towards the door kicking my brother out.

I followed him downstairs into the living room where my moms just sat on the couch looking exhausted.

"Hey Ma" I said sitting next to her on the couch and kissing her cheek.

"Hey" she said smiling a little at me.

"Hard day at work" I asked.

"Hell yeah! As soon as I finished one person hair another came in. I thought it would never end but I'm happy" she said laying her head back to get comfortable.

I laughed a little shaking my head and sat back on the couch.

"So what are we having for dinner" Jarid asked.

"Can we have pizza" Nichole asked coming down the stairs.

"Yeah order some pizza I'm too tired to cook tonight" mom said now laying down the couch placing her feet on me.

"I want pepperoni Monae" Nichole said sitting on the sofa.

"I want cheese not no damn pepperoni" Jarid said sitting on the arm of the sofa.

"Little boy" Ma said in a warning tone.

"My bad" Jarid said.

"Excuse me" my mom said now looking at him. "Sorry" Jarid said in a more questioning tone than a sincere apology.
"Monae go order the pizza and y'all two go to your rooms" Ma said.

They got up going up the stairs and I took her feet off of me, getting up then placing them on the couch. I walked into the kitchen and over to the counter picking up the phone and dailing the pizzeria.

"Yeah that's one large pepperoni and a small cheese" I said confirming the order.

"Aight see you in twenty" I said ending the call and putting it back on the hook.

I turned around walking out of the kitchen and back into the living room.

"Pizza should be here in twenty' I told my mom.

"Okay" she mumbled half asleep and half awake.

I walked up the stairs to my room walking in, I closed the door and walked over to my bed. I laid across it on my stomach grabbing the remote. I turned the TV on and started flicking through the channels for something to watch.