n u l

"damn, you're such a difficult little devil"

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: DAMN, YOU'RE SUCH A - HAILEE STEINFELD

"That'll be $33.00 ma'am." The uber driver pulled into a cobblestone alleyway in the middle of the French Quarter. Marie hummed and fished out a $100 bill from her purse and smiled patronizingly at the taxi driver. 

"Ma'am that's way too much." The taxi driver's eyes widened to the point of saucers, and shaked his head furiously.

"Oh chère, it's a mere gesture. I have plenty more where that came from. Tata for now." Marie smirked and grabbed her luggage out of the trunk and enters a quaint little bar. 'Rousseau's'.

An African-American man, was jumping up and down on stage, doing a karaoke number to How You Like Me Now by the Heavy. Marie had listened to the band on the radio on the way from the airport and had taken a liking to the song, well until the man ruined the song for her with his horrible karaoke skills. Marie's cerulean blue eyes studied the man, he seemed familiar. She just couldn't place it. She listened to a few of his fans that were ogling at him from afar, a name stood out. Marcel Gerard. 

Now that was a name she hadn't heard in years, the famous Marcel Gerard, the King of the French Quarter, who made himself in the image of Marie's friend, Niklaus Mikaelson, the Originals werewolf-vampire hybrid.

"Thank you. " Marcel shouts into the microphone, Marie winced from the loudness of the microphone's sound.Marcel jumps down from the stage to applause and joins a few companions, who hand him a drink.

"I would have complimented you on your performance Marcel Gerard. However, my mother taught me that lying was wrong." Marie states loftily, walking up to Marcel and his companions. 

"Who the hell are you?" Marcel snaps, looking Marie up and down suspiciously.

"You know, back in my day, you would have been beheaded for talking to me like that." Marie says with distaste.

"What, you're the Queen of England?" Marcel laughs.

"Close, the Queen of France."

I would like to thank   for giving me this plot and this opportunity to write such an amazing plot. I saw the plot and just fell in love with it. 

I really hope you love this book as much as I do.