d i x - n e u f

I love this secret language that we're speaking
Say it to me, let's embrace the point of no return

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: MAGNETS - DISCLOSURE FT LORDE 

lune sur la rue de bourbon 

"They say the passage of time will heal all wounds. But, the greater the loss, the deeper the cut, and the more difficult the process to become whole again. The pain may fade, but scars serve as a reminder of our suffering, and make the bearer all the more resolved never to be wounded again. So, as time moves along, we get lost in distractions. Act out in frustration. React with aggression. Give in to anger. And, all the while, we plot and plan as we wait to grow stronger, and before we know it, the time passes. We are healed. Ready to begin anew." Klaus ranted to Genevieve who was scantily clad in her own lace lingerie, laying lazily on the couch in Klaus's art studio while Klaus pulls up his trousers.

"Spoken like a man who's made peace with his demons." Genevieve mused, twirling a strand of her own red hair, while she rolls to her back on the couch.

"My demons are dead, or chased off." Klaus smiles, buttoning his shirt, he was about to walk over to Genevieve when Marie barges into the room, the door opening with a loud bang, scaring Klaus and Genevieve. 

"Yes, apart from the one lingering monster with whom you share a bed." Marie smiles, and glares at Genevieve, " I trust you can find your clothing and the door." Marie smirks, and picks up Genevieve's Ferragamo heels and wrinkles in distaste at Genevieve's lingerie. "Oh my lord, where do you shop for your lingerie? Forever 52?"

Genevieve stands up, rolling her eyes at the blonde before taking her heels from her, and leaves the room. "You do recall that woman tortured your sister? "

"She also revealed the truth about said sister's treachery." Klaus replies, putting on his jacket.

"And as a consequence, Rebekah is gone forever." Marie snaps, following Klaus as he walked across the studio.

"A desire which she apparently harbored for quite some time!" Klaus shrugs and sits down on a wooden stool.

" Niklaus, it has been a month. Now, I feel your sister's loss as deeply as you. But, you must stop distracting yourself with this ridiculous behavior and channel it into some kind of action." Marie sighs in exasperation, grabbing another stool and sitting on it.

"Why must I, exactly?" Klaus asked, grabbing a paintbrush and returning to his art.

" Because over the course of Marcel's tenure, the city grew accustomed to having a king. You wanted this throne. Now, you must accept the responsibility that accompanies that." Marie snaps, snatching the paintbrush off Klaus's hands.

" Goodness Marie, Elijah is seriously rubbing off on you. Apologies, but I'm rather ensconced in other pursuits." Klaus rolls his eyes and grabs another paintbrush dunking it in a bucket of paint.

"If you can so easily neglect your home, I wonder what will become of your daughter. Have you forgotten what it was like to live beneath the threat of violence? We must work together, Niklaus. Let's make this city whole again." Marie urges, snatching the paintbrush off Klaus, splatting some droplets of the paint on her top, to which she groans.

"Perhaps it is too broken to mend." Klaus replies nonchalantly, and yanks the paintbrush off Marie and resumes painting.