o n z e

"Just one look and I can hear a bell ring

One more look and I forget everything"

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: MAMMA MIA - ABBA  

la douleur qui règne dans la nouvelle orléans

A blue truck is parked outside the plantation house. Movers are packing up what appears to be a big painting into the truck.

"Absolutely not! I paid for that!" Rebekah shouts and stomps her foot indignantly.

"Please. You never paid for anything in your life." Marie scoffed walking down the stairs, while Elijah cracked a smile.

"I hardly see how that's relevant. Nik's just punishing us." Rebekah rolled her eyes.

"Well, we've hurt him. Deeply, it would appear." Elijah says guiltily.

"Well don't look at me, I didn't do jack shit." Marie snaps.

"Marie, it's too early to endure your annoying voice." Elijah replies coolly, Marie shoots Elijah a fake smile.

"We believed the worst about him, the one time in a million when the worst wasn't actually the truth." Rebekah scoffed.

Elijah starts to walk away. "'Lijah sweetheart. Where do you think you're going? "

"To make sure Hayley doesn't suffer for our mistakes. Niklaus is feeling vindictive. We cannot trust that she is safe. Marie, come now."

Downstairs, Hayley walks alone down the stairs toward the side door of the compound as she tries to sneak out into the French Quarter. She looks around to see if she's being watched, but before she can go anywhere, Diego cuts in front of her.

"Going somewhere?" Diego asked.

Suddenly, Marie appears and breaks Diego's neck by throwing him into the wall.

"Elijah,Marie, you guys shouldn't be here. Klaus has his guys watching me." Hayley whispers frantically.

" I wouldn't worry about them." Elijah shrugs.

After a moment, Rebekah comes along, kicking down two other vampires who were hiding around the corner.

"Come, we mustn't linger. We'll get you some place safe." Elijah urges.

"No, you don't have to worry about me. I'm fine. I've been deemed under protection by the almighty Klaus. It's the werewolves who need help. He ordered a wolf hunt as some jacked-up peace offering to Marcel's crew. You have to help them." Hayley pleads.

"Out in the Bayou? Do we look like a bloody vampire-rescue-squad? I think you should be grateful we came to save you!" Marie shouts, obviously angry about the fact that she had to save the young girl who had a crush on her boyfriend.

"Listen. Marie. I know I'm your least favourite person right now but all my life, I've wanted to know who my real family was, and just as I find out that they're out there in the Bayou, Klaus orders them killed. You were once a Queen yourself, you of all people should know how I feel. You wanna help me? Help my people. Please." Hayley begs, while Marie purses her lips.