v i n g t - s i x

I like the way

You touch me there

I like the way

You pull my hair

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: RUDE BOY - RIHANNA

en vie et en pleine forme

Flashback - Paris, France (1781)

A teenage Marie, walks down the streets of Paris, gawking passer-by's stop to revel in the presence of the young Queen, while a flurry of whispers start amongst the pedestrians, admiring her dress, her hair. Marie, simply had enough, huffed and walked in to a speakeasy.

"Rum, please and thank you." Marie propped herself onto a bar chair, and gestured to the waiter.

"A little lady like you drinking rum, must be a hard day in the palace eh?" The bartender smirked before pouring the Queen a glass.

"Well, you could say that. Frankly, I'm just sick of all these expectations, I mean I'm just a common girl just like any one of those harlots you see on the street." Marie grumbles.

A handsome man, Marie recognised as one of the Mikaelson lords, steps away from the piano after playing a Baroque piece, resulting in the bar erupting into polite applause.

"Lord Elijah, a surprise to see you away from the castle, has it not been treating you well?" Marie asked, frowning.

"No, yourself and the King has been generous hosts, I just needed a slight break from the palace, that is all." Elijah bowed politely.

"Well, I guess you and I have a lot more in common than I thought." Marie smiles.

Elijah returns home to find a puddle of blood on the floor of the courtyard. When he walks toward it to take a closer look, he sees a trail of footprints. The prints lead to a dead woman's body, which is propped up against the fountain. Elijah follows another trail of footprints to the bathroom, where Marie is taking a bubble bath. Another body is propped up against the wall next to the tub.

"Elijah! Hey!" Marie smiles cheerfully.

"Why are you in the tub Marie?" Elijah sighs.

"Why aren't you?" Marie arches an eyebrow and pulls some bubbles to her chest. 

"So, would you like me to remove your leftovers, Your Highness?" Elijah smirks.

Elijah steps over the body and into the bathroom, and Marie rolls her eyes before standing up in the tub, not at all concerned about Elijah seeing her naked, bubble-covered body. Elijah, clearly pleased, reaches for a towel and hands it to Marie, though he doesn't avert his eyes from her body, suddenly Elijah runs to Marie and grabs her, while she screams and pounds her fists against his back.

The streets of the neighborhood are packed with musicians playing instruments, while others sell merchandise in stalls. Marcel talks to a group of potential vampire recruits. Nearby, a girl plays the bongo drums. Elijah and Marie arrive in the middle of Marcel's speech and listens to him from afar.