q u a r a n t e

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: MAD HATTER - MELANIE MARTINEZ

cadavre exquis

"All of us live with a demon inside. Some days, you control the demon. And other days, it controls you. And it is always hungry. It feeds on lust, on longing. And while you may slumber... ...It tempts you into crossing every line you've ever drawn. All while it hunts you... ..Haunts you......Renders you incapable of telling friend from foe.  But once it's turned your loved ones into enemies, the demon would have consumed you whole."

Elijah and Marie, who are dressed up in cocktail attire again, are standing in Josephine's living room with Hayley, who is in her usual loose top, jeans, and combat boots and Sophie, who was dressed in her typical bohemian chic style. She seems to sense the morning after tension between Elijah and Marie, and keeps clearing her throat awkwardly, which does not go unnoticed by either of them. After an uncomfortable silence, Sophie finally speaks up, "..I'm gonna see if I can find Josephine." Marie nods and follows Sophie out of the room and further into the mansion.

Hayley smiles fakely as the two French girls leave, and once they're gone, she clears her throat again and gives Elijah a significant look. He can't help but smile bashfully in response as they wait for their hostess, "Well, now I see why you didn't answer my calls."

She pauses a beat and sits in a chair, "Did they have to come with us?" Hayley whines indignantly as she squirms further into the blood red armchair.

Elijah sits down next to Hayley, still looking uncomfortable, "Josephine LaRue can be rather recalcitrant. She is, however, enamored with Sophie's musical prowess and cavalier spirit and Marie's surprisingly diplomatic nature."

"Huh. So, the long lost daughter is now the Witch-Whisperer?" Hayley scoffs sarcastically, "I'm just glad that you found someone so... diplomatic to spend your time with..."

"What exactly do you want from me?" Elijah rolls his eyes, eyeing Hayley suspiciously.

Hayley looks at him but remains silent. Before she can answer, Josephine, Sophie and Marie join them in the living room, and Elijah stands to his feet to greet her, "Madame LaRue."

"Mr. Mikaelson." Josephine smiles cordially, Elijah gently kisses her on each cheek in greeting before she settles down in an armchair to talk with them.

"Have you come to impress me once more with young Sophie's rare talents?" She notices Hayley scowling in the doorway and looks at Elijah in amusement.

"What, pray tell, does this one do?" Josephine cocks her head to the side, her lips tugging up into a smirk.

"This one, however infuriatingly intolerable, is family, Madame." Marie smiles tightlipped, before casting a knowing look to Hayley, Hayley straightens her stance and looks down towards the carpet. "But, we've come to ask for a favor." Marie continues. Josephine looks at her curiously.

After informing the elder witch on Eva/Rebekah's current predicament, and her rampages throughout the city limits, using young witches for more power, Josephine impatiently shouts in protest, " Then, you need to let the witches put that body down! Eva will use up your sister, just like she did the others."