u n e

"We wrote a story in the fog on the windows that night
But the ending is the same every damn time  "

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: STRANGE LOVE - HALSEY

  Marie Antoinette, the last queen of France, was born Maria Antonia Josepha Joanna on November 2, 1755, in Vienna, Austria. She was the 15th and second to last child of Maria Theresa, empress of Austria, and Holy Roman Emperor Francis I. 

Marie Antoinette lived a relatively carefree childhood. She received an education typical of an 18th century aristocratic girl, focusing primarily on religious and moral principles, while her brothers studied more academic subject matter. 

She was engaged to be married to Louis XVI, the grandson of Louis XV as a way of cementing alliances  through matrimonial connections. In 1768, Louis XV dispatched a tutor to Austria to instruct his grandson's future wife. The tutor found Marie Antoinette "more intelligent than has been generally supposed," but added that since "she is rather lazy and extremely frivolous, she is hard to teach." Marie Antoinette was a child of only 14 years, delicately beautiful, with gray-blue eyes and ash-blonde hair.

 Louis XV died in 1774, and Louis-Auguste succeeded him to the French throne as Louis XVI, making Marie Antoinette, at 19 years old, queen of France. The personalities of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette could not have been more different. He was introverted, shy and indecisive, a lover of solitary pleasures such as reading and metalwork; she was vivacious, outgoing and bold, a social butterfly who loved gambling, partying and extravagant fashions. 

In the early months of 1780, Marie Antoinette met the Mikaelson family, under the pretense that they were indeed part of the English royal family. She got along well with most of them, all but one, Elijah Mikaelson. She would often sneak out of the palace and rendezvous with Elijah at Petit Trianon, her private castle amidst the grounds of the Versailles. 

The two would continue their wild romance, fueled with lust, alcohol, and the dangerous nature of having an extramarital affair. 

As Marie enters Rousseau's again, it was early morning. The bar was almost empty, but she could not ignore the enigmatic presence in the bar, a muscular, well-built man, sitting on the bar, sipping a small glass of bourbon, while a blonde bartender cleans the bar. She couldn't deny the fact that he looked even more ruggedly handsome than he did all those years ago. She smirked as she pushes her Ray-Bans down and sidles up to the bar and eavesdrops on the conversation between Elijah and the bartender, Camille.

"So what brings you to the Big Easy?" Camille asked, while wiping a dishcloth down the bench.

"I used to live here." Elijah smiles, his voice sounded even more husky and beautiful, if that was even more possible. Suddenly all Marie could think about was the nights that they had spent in each other's arms, making love, his moans, mixed with hers.

"Really, when?" Camille asked again.

"Oh, it feels like a hundred years ago." Elijah mumbles and smiles inwardly at his lame attempt at a joke to which Marie snorts. Elijah's eyes shot to Marie, and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I just moved here myself. What brought you back?" Camille smiles, and Marie was seconds away from throttling her little blonde throat as it irated her to no end.

"Well, my brother's here somewhere. I'm afraid he might have got himself into a bit of a bind." Elijah rolls his eyes. Marie smiles, as she realised that Elijah had slipped back into his martyr self that incessantly believed that there was redemption in Klaus.

"You say that like it's a common occurrence." Camille states with raised eyebrows.

"Well ... he's complicated. Defiant, ill-mannered, and a little temperamental. See, we don't share the same father. Of course that never bothered me, but my brother resents it deeply. Never felt like he belongs. All told, he has a long history of getting himself into trouble." Elijah explains.

"And I'm guessing you have a long history of getting him out of it." Camille giggles softly.

Elijah nods, smiling.

"What kind of bind is your brother in?" Camille asked, curious. Marie, too, leans in, genuinely curious as to why Niklaus would be back in a city that has given him nothing but heartache.

"He believes there are people in this town that are conspiring against him." Elijah mutters, clearly done with his brother's antics.

"Wow. Narcissistic and paranoid" Marie finally pipes up. Elijah looks shocked and Marie takes off her sunglasses, Elijah's face was as pale as a sheet, he looked like he just shit himself. 

"H..how" Elijah stutters.

"That's exactly what I was going to say. Sorry,  Bartender with a grad degree in psychology. Total cliché." Camille rambles off. As Elijah continues to stare at Marie with his mouth open.

"L..Listen, C..Camille, I'm looking for someone who might shed some light on his current predicament. She works here, Jane-Anne Deveraux. Any idea where I might find her?" Elijah stutters nervously.

" No. But I know someone who might." Camille says softly.

"How are you alive?" Elijah hisses.

"Why mon amour, I thought you'd be happy to see me?" Marie whispers into his ear, Elijah was clearly aroused as he bit his lips hard, drawing blood.

"I saw your execution, y..you were dead." Elijah declares, heartbroken

"You must have fed me your blood, during one of our late night sessions, because here I am now, just like you." Marie smirks.

I am in love with Marie omg