s i x

"'Cause I'm living in a fantasy

Every time you're here with me"

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: NOTHING FEELS LIKE YOU - LITTLE MIX

phoebe tonkin omg

Girl In New Orleans

"I told you Agnes, I feel great!" Hayley protests, as Agnes, one of the Elders of the French Quarter coven tries to convince the werewolf for an ultrasound. Marie, smirks, and stirs her tea, watching the two animatedly debate.

"You are overdue for a checkup." Agnes retorts.

"What am I gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch? Nothing to see here!" Hayley rolls her eyes, as she continues flipping through Pride and Prejudice, the original copy, that Marie had owned and lent it to Hayley.

"A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours." Rebekah mumbles, jealous. Marie knew that Rebekah craved a human life, she had written a 10 page letter and sent it to Marie when Rebekah lost the cure to this Elena girl back in Mystic Falls.

"Don't mind her, Hayley, Agnes, that bitch is just hormonal and jealous. I had a kid, the court put me on trial with this absurd claim of incest. Like, why would I sexually abuse a kid I pushed out of my vagina? That's fucked up." Marie rants, sipping on her tea, as she joined Rebekah on the sofa, who was typing on her Macbook, trying to do a satellite search of attics in the French Quarter on Google Maps.

"I know a doctor out in the Bayou, off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it." Agnes continues. Marie, narrowed her eyes in suspicion, but kept quiet.

Hayley thinks for a moment and rolls her eyes in reluctant agreement. Before Marie piped up that she was joining for the check-up, Agnes shifted uncomfortably and made up a bullshit excuse about privacy, "Elijah's hell bent on protecting the baby and the baby's mother, and I would hate to have to deal with an angry Elijah. I'm coming."

"Okay, fine. Bayou-baby-doctor it is." Hayley smiles wryly.

"Please, sister, tell me you're not still at it with the internet search. How does one begin, anyway? Just type in "anonymous attic?"" Klaus mocks and pours himself a cup of scotch.

"Bit early don't you think?" Marie makes a snide comment, and smirks.

"Eh, it's 5:00 somewhere." Klaus rolls his eyes, and downs the scotch.

"Someone has to find Elijah, even if I have to search every bloody attic in New Orleans." Rebekah says, determined.

"Like looking for a needle in a rather large pile of needles." Klaus mutters.

"I remember details about the attic Marcel took me to. There were shutters on the windows behind Elijah's coffin." Rebekah continues.

"Well, that should narrow it down immensely. Myself, I prefer actual strategy as opposed to mind-numbing labor. Marcel's delay in returning our brother makes me suspect he's no longer in charge of the situation. If Davina's loyalty to Marcel is strained, perhaps the young witch will be open to discussing a new alliance."