v i n g t c i n q

Now that it's raining more than ever

Know that we'll still have each other

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: UMBRELLA - RIHANNA FT JAY Z

renaissance

Elijah locks the front gates to the home so it is no longer open to the public. Klaus stands at the window of Hope's nursery, looking down on the street as Marie approaches him from behind and places a comforting hand on his shoulder, enveloping him into a hug.

Marie and one of Francesca's werewolf lackeys are taking a tour of the abandoned foundry with a realtor and fighting over who gets to buy it. "Authentic cast-iron columns... Look at that, the original Bloomry forge, fueled by a charcoal furnace. "

Marie notices a fire sprinkler system up in the ceiling. "The modern elements blend quite nicely indeed. My foundation has aligned itself with the city's Historical Preservation Society. We have a vested interest in seeing this building protected."

"This place is a dump! The Guerrera family would be doing this city a favor." The lackey growls.

Marie is about to speak when she notices the man is wearing a gold ring with a square black stone on his left hand. "Well, unfortunately, under the Preservation Act of 1966, we cannot allow the Guerreras to demolish one of the city's original foundries... even if it is for something as noble and distinguished as a casino."

Marie gestures toward the door in a polite indication that they should leave. " So, thank you, gentleman. Do give my best to Francesca."

Klaus is listening to Mozart's Requiem in D Minor K 626-3 on a record player while he furiously tries to stretch a canvas over a wooden frame for a painting. When he tears through the canvas, he angrily throws it all across the room, just as Marie returns from her meeting. Klaus, overwhelmed with frustration, yells at the top of his lungs. Elijah rushes into the room.

Elijah picks up the canvas Klaus threw and examines it. "I suppose we shall have to call this your "white period." "

"I'm missing a crucial color in my palette-- that of my enemies' blood." Klaus shouts angrily.

"Well, I recommend a Venetian red, with a dash of rust..." Marie trails off. Marie's joke causes Klaus to lose his temper.

"It's been months! I've adhered to our plan: sit and do nothing, sell our grief. And now, my child is safely away, and another full moon is upon us-- another night of pathetic weakness as the moonlight rings steal my strength!" Klaus yells.

Elijah gives Klaus a sympathetic look, and Klaus calms down slightly, though he's still clearly upset. "The nursery is killing me. I need to act. I-I-I need-- I need to spill blood. "

"Well, then, you'll be pleased to know that I've located the last of the twelve rings forged with your blood." Marie pipes up.

"Then, it's time!" Klaus smiles, perking up slightly.

"And none too soon. I'm concerned about Hayley." Elijah sighs, while Marie frowns.

Klaus visibly tenses up at the mention of Hayley and starts sorting through his art as an excuse to turn away from Elijah. "She looks well enough."