d i x - h u i t

It's in my head, darling I hope

That you'll be here, when I need you the most

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: DON'T LET ME DOWN - THE CHAINSMOKERS FT DAYA

adieu à storyville

Klaus, Elijah, Marie and Rebekah, who are still trapped in the cemetery due to Celeste's spell, are in the middle of a standoff. Klaus has the indestructible white oak stake, while Elijah holds Papa Tunde's blade. "Rebekah! " Klaus bellows.

"Walk away." Elijah threatens, shielding the two blondes.

"Don't move!" Klaus yells.

"Leave us now." Marie snaps to Rebekah, Rebekah frowns and turns to Marie.

"I can't. I'm stuck here. Elijah, Marie, he has the white oak stake." Rebekah stutters, scared and angry, knowing that the one thing that could kill an Original Vampire was just a few feet away from her.

"I brought it for you, sister." Klaus smiles sadistically.

"Get out of his sight. Your presence here only serves to anger him. Leave him to me now. Marie, go!" Elijah yells, and Marie grabs Rebekah and vamp-speeds away. 

On the other side of the cemetery, Rebekah is on the phone with Marcel to update him on what has happened, while Marie sits on a stone step, mindlessly kicking pebbles with her Jimmy Choo's. "Do whatever it takes. Just stay alive. I promise you, I'll get you out of there." 

"What about me?" Marie scoffs, and looks up to Rebekah, who shoots her an annoyed expression.

"You have Elijah in here too, shut up." Rebekah rolls her eyes and turns away from Marie.

"I've never seen him like this before. He's out of his mind with rage, up all night howling one obscenity-laced tirade after the next. He's gonna kill me." Rebekah whimpers into the phone.

"Alright, stay as far away from him as you can." Marcel suggests.

"That's a brilliant strategy. But, given that that dead bitch Celeste has trapped us in here 'til moonrise, my options are somewhat limited." Rebekah snaps.

"I'm not leaving you in there. Davina will find a loophole, get you out early. Then, we can all go together. If Klaus comes after us, we will take him on one hell of a ride." Marcel replies encouragingly.

"I lived for centuries looking over my shoulder, ready to run at a moment's notice. Am I to go back to that?" Rebekah asked defeated, while Marie pats her back sympathetically as Rebekah slumps against the wall of one of the tombs.

"Worry about that later. Right now, just buy me some time. I promise you, I'll get you out of there"

"Niklaus, I understand your anger, but I implore you, be better than Father. Do what he could not-- demonstrate the grace of mercy, rather than this petty cruelty." Elijah shouts.

"You ask me to show mercy to one who has wronged me. My own sister who betrayed me by bringing back our Father, who mercilessly abused me all through my childhood all in the name of love. You really don't know me at all, do you, brother?" Klaus sneers.