t r e n t e - h u i t

so hopefully you like the spin off, it will be book 2 of the Antoinette series and I hope you all voted for Bow Down in the tvd and to fanfic awards, comment your views as the chapter goes along, and we will finally meet Sophie.

song for this chapter: weekend by priory

ils ont tous demandé pour vous

Flashback - Riga, Latvia 1815

"Excuse me." A soft voice was heard through the howling winds of the December winter, snow plastered her blonde hair as she brought her fist up to bang on the wooden door of the inn, she rapped her fist again on the wooden door before the door flew open, showing a very disgruntled looking heavy set lady, her beady eyes scanned Sophie, who was wearing a tattered salmon pink dress, her hat was barely hanging onto her head.

"We are full." The Latvian inn owner barked before closing the door, alarmed, Sophie instinctively, wedged her heel between the wooden door, annoyed the inn owner, looked up to the blonde, before raising an eyebrow.

"Has a blonde lady like me come to your inn?" Sophie asked before pulling out a small portrait of Marie she had stolen from her Austrian palace, she brandishes it out and analyses the inn owner for any changes in expression.

"No, goodbye."  The door slammed loudly in Sophie's face as she sighed dejectedly.

"She is not my daughter! She's a liar!" Marie shouts angrily to a confused Rebekah, the two girls holed up in Elijah's apartment across the river.

"But why would she lie, she obviously has nothing to gain?" Rebekah replied, still confused, "I mean what did she say? Do you even remember her?" 

"I was just showing Hayley's dogs out of the compound and she comes up to me, and says I'm your daughter." Marie scrunches up her eyebrows, perplexed.

Across the river, at the compound, Elijah sat with Sophie, he hands her a warm cup of coffee, Sophie smiles up to Elijah gratefully, as she sips the coffee before placing the cup onto the coffee table. "She hates me doesn't she."

"She doesn't hate you, Sophie." Elijah sighs and replies before crossing his leg on the opposite side of the sofa in his study.

"I mean I just spent 200 years searching for a woman who wants nothing to do with me." Sophie bitterly laughed.

'You have to understand, Marie isn't a motherly type of woman, she's cold, manipulative, and only looks out for herself, and isn't good with family, but trust me she is worth knowing. You have to give her time." Elijah says softly, clasping Sophie's cold hands in his. "Why don't you tell me your story?'

"I mean, do you even remember her?" Rebekah echoes as she sips more of her Mai Tai, the television was playing a rerun of the Rich Kids of Beverly Hills but the two girls were not paying attention to the television.

"I mean of course I remember pushing her out of my vagina Beks," Marie snaps, downing the rest of her tequila, Rebekah snorts, as Marie continues, "But the baby was ripped out of my arms, and I was ushered straight into prison, where I got my head chopped off the day after, the baby was the least of my concerns." Marie scoffs.