t r e n t e - n e u f

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW - KEANE

sauve mon âme

Elijah has just arrived to the compound, where he has joined Klaus, Sophie and Marie, who are waiting for him in the dining room in anticipation for their family brunch. "There you are. Finally." Marie sighs exasperatedly.

Elijah strips off his coat and hangs it up before heading toward the table, "I was delayed. " Elijah reaches over to kiss Sophie on both cheeks before glaring at Marie and Klaus.

"Our guest of honor will be here momentarily." Klaus exclaims cheerfully, Marie raises an eyebrow, surprised at the sudden change of his behaviour, Marie had been here when her daughter and Klaus had been upstairs in a midst of a screaming match, Marie looked over to Sophie to see her quietly sipping her mimosa, Marie rolled her eyes.

"Strange, our house is conspicuously absent of our lupine guests. I do hope it wasn't on my account." Elijah says, bemused, reaching out to grab his drink while Marie continues to glare at Elijah. "If you would put your glare into words my dear Marie?"

"Don't mind the two Antoinettes, they're in a bit of a mood." Klaus smirks.

Sophie rolled her eyes, and threw a fork in Klaus's direction, chipping off a bit of his Gucci shirt, Klaus grumbles and takes the fork which had impaled itself on the wall, back to the dining table. "I sent Hayley and her poorly groomed husband off to spend the day with their werewolf brethren to test the limits of their new abilities. Leaving me to deal with family business as I see fit."

"Niklaus, Rebekah's situation has taken a turn. We may need Freya's assistance. So, whatever you are planning here? Don't." Elijah warns, suspiciously.

"Who's Freya?" Marie and Sophie say in unison, scaring both Mikaelson men.

"Our long lost older sister that never died of the plague, I guess we're full of long lost relatives these days." Elijah chuckled, and the grin was immediately wiped from his face when he notices the stormy expressions on both Antoinette girls.

"All I'm planning is a simple chat with a long-lost relative. You yourself said to hear her out." Klaus rolls his eyes and whines indignantly.

"And you yourself said that would be idiocy." Elijah points out, while Sophie snorts.

"Did I?" Klaus asked, amused. He feigns as though he's straining to remember when he said this. "Well, it does sound like me. Regardless, on the off-chance Freya has some information that could protect my daughter, I'd prefer she share it on my terms. Ah! I think I hear her now!" 

Sophie spits out her mimosa and widens her eyes, "He has a daughter?"

"Table manners sweetheart." Marie pats Sophie's head patronizingly. 

"Sister! Well, come in! Come in! Make yourself comfortable." He turns to the door just as Freya walks into the dining room, smiling at her brothers and the Antoinette girls. Freya looks slightly nervous, but smiles warmly at them.

Marie, Sophie, Freya, Klaus, and Elijah are making small talk in the dining room of the compound. Freya has a small round artifact in her hands and is examining it carefully, "This witch-hoop, it's Danish. Is this from when you all lived in Copenhagen in the 1500s?"