q u i n z e

And if I had a dime for every name that you just dropped 

 You'd be here and I'd be on a yacht

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: TAKE A HINT - VICTORIA JUSTICE FT ELIZABETH GILLIES

davina claire

ville en croissant

At St. Anne's Church, Father Kieran is holding the first mass since the massacre. It was a sunny day out, with birds chirping, and trees rustling in the breeze, Marie smiled serenely. 

"Thank you all for coming. It means more than I can tell you. We gather today for the first public service of our newly reopened church. St. Anne's can finally once again be the heart of our community, where we can congregate as a people united. Here, this hour, we come together to praise God and give thanks. The events that took place at our church were tragic." Father Kieran starts.

Kieran continues his sermon while Marie, Klaus and Marcel, who are sitting next to each other in the pew, start to talk quietly. Marcel sees a red-haired woman he recognizes across the church, but he can't get a proper look at her.

"Problem?" Marie pipes up, folding the bulletin and does not turn to Marcel and continues listening to Kieran's sermon.

"No." Marcel replies, nervously.

"Then pay attention. We're meant to seem like devoted parishioners. It's a church, you listen to the sermon, you sinner." Marie says loftily, and continues to look ahead, Marcel flips her off, and Klaus chuckles softly.

"..and it is that hope in our hearts, and with the help of many benefactors, that allows us to be here today. So, we gather with renewed spirit, made stronger, committed to the ideals of peace and love. Amen. " Kieran finishes.

"Amen." All the church attendants chorused together, and Marie smiles adorably.

After the mass, the parishioners leave the church. Kieran at the entrance to meet with the attendees personally when Marie, Klaus and Marcel approach him.

"Lovely sermon this morning, Father. Quite inspirational." Marie starts, while the Father sends her a quizzical look, "Oh, sorry how rude of me, I'm Marie Antoinette, the last Queen of France, it's a real pleasure meeting someone I've heard great stories about."

Father Kieran nods, and smiles warily, before turning to Klaus and Marcel, "I wasn't expecting you to join us."

"Oh, we were hoping for some word from your human sources on the recent Haitian invasion." Klaus explains.

"My guys have their ears on the ground, and no one has seen or heard any sign of whatever his name is." Kieran sighs exasperatedly.

"He is called Papa Tunde. And right now, he's wandering in the Quarter with the power he absorbed from every soul I had buried in the Garden, so you might wanna put your ear a little closer to the ground." Marcel pipes up, rolling his eyes.

"Or I could steer clear of whatever war is brewing between your kind and his, before I find myself–" He's cut off when Cami, his niece appears and starts to shake Kieran's hand, pretending as though they're strangers.