d i x

'Somethin' 'Bout You Makes Me Feel Like A Dangerous Woman '

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: DANGEROUS WOMAN - ARIANA GRANDE  

i'm legit obsessed with Ariana Grande's new song omg

alexander skarsgard as king louis xvi

la rivière en sens inverse

Elijah is laying on a bed in Dwayne's old shack, tossing and turning restlessly while Marie stands at his bedside and tries to feed him some water, shoving the cup into his arms.

"Drink, morceau de merde" Marie scowls and looks even more annoyed when Elijah gives her a significant look, they had been silent all morning.

"Look, Marie, I'm sorry I developed feelings for Hayley, but I can assure you my heart.." Elijah trails off before Marie interrupts him.

"Can you please just shut up! I have a killer migraine and your voice isn't helping." Marie snaps.

Elijah drinks from the cup she offers, but he immediately starts to gag and cough. He's pale and sweaty and clearly miserable.

"Forgive me. Please. Marie, mon amour."

"Did you really think I'd just crawl back into your arms." Marie sneers and continues to shove a wet cloth onto his forehead before Hayley nervously enters the hut.

"It's okay. Remind me to annihilate your brother once you're healthy." Hayley mutters.

"It's your fault you know, maybe you guys should just cut him some slack, you hurt his feelings, to be perfectly honest, you deserve this." Marie snaps.

"You know what Marie, I had enough of you, you're just jealous." Elijah scoffs.

"Please, you know while you were daggered, I did everything I could to bring you back, but how did I get repaid, by your feelings for another girl so for God's sakes, I have every right to feel jealous." Marie screams right back at Elijah.

"It doesn't help that we decided to shack up in a swamp either." Hayley mumbles. Hayley walks out onto the porch, leaving the door open to let the breeze into the shack. When Elijah starts to cough, Hayley immediately rushes back.

"Are you okay?" Marie and Hayley asked in unison, before Hayley looks away embarrassed and Marie shooting Hayley a cold glare.

"I'm fine. Please, just... return to your reading." Elijah smiles weakly.

" I went through the whole thing. It's just a regular Bible... With an entry in a family tree that may or may not be me. But, you know, I've been a little busy worrying about you." Hayley smirks, flipping through a Bible that was left on the porch of the dilapidated hut, that had a family genealogy line at the back. Hayley, suspected that it was her missing family.

"You're not the one taking care of him. I am." Marie yells.

"Marie, Hayley, please. This fever will make me unstable. And once the hallucinations begin, I'll start to see things. You must leave me here." Elijah urges.

"I'm not leaving you like this." Hayley scoffs.

"Hayley just leave please. Honestly, your not wanted here." Marie snaps, and Hayley sighs before grabbing her bags, walking away to her Jeep.