v i n g t d e u x

cami o'connell

  I'm obsessive when just one thought of you comes up

And I'm aggressive just one thought of close enough

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER - SOS - RIHANNA

marcher plus près de toi 

At Rousseau's, the French Quarter is throwing an Irish-style wake in his honor, complete with Irish music, lots of alcohol, and tons of people who have gathered to share stories of Father Kieran and celebrate his life. Klaus sits alone at a table with a glass of scotch, and is joined by Cami and Marie.

"Hey Marie, thanks for helping yesterday, you didn't have to but you did, it means a lot." Cami smiles weakly at the blonde who was sipping on her Cosmo. 

"No worries, you're a friend." Marie replies, and giggles.

"Hey! Earth to you!" Cami turns to Klaus who was looking off into space, dazed.

"Your face--" Klaus frowns as he notices the wound on Cami's face. Marie looks concerned.

"--Will heal. Listen, I wanted to thank you--" Cami starts but was cut off by Klaus.

" --Unless you've come equipped with the means to fill this, no additional platitudes are necessary." Klaus slurs holding up his glass.

"Okay... I'm in a crap mood because my uncle just died, and people are partying like it's Mardi Gras. What's your excuse?" Cami asked, worried.

"Seriously Klaus, who crapped in your coffee today?" Marie questions.

"I've been having these dreams about my dead father. No diagnosis necessary, love. I've already got this one covered: my fears of fatherhood, of scarring my child as my father scarred me, are manifesting as nightmares.  It's horrifically cliché." Klaus scoffs, taking a long swig of his bourbon while Marie just looks taken aback.

"Truthfully? I'm just surprised to hear you acknowledge out loud that you're going to be a dad. Your baby mama has been living out in the bayou for months, it's not exactly What To Expect When You're Expecting. " Cami replies while Marie snorts.

Marcel enters the bar, which Klaus and Marie notice as they listens to Cami speak. Marie waves to Marcel and he waves back.

"I know more about the trials of fatherhood than you might imagine, Camille." Klaus sighs.

"And it worked out for you so well the first time, why change a thing?" Cami turns to leave and joins Marcel at the bar.

Marie and Klaus continue to sulk and drink at their table as he glances over at Marcel. Marcel sees the photos of Father Kieran, Sean, and Cami by the bar, and grabs a bottle of scotch to make a toast to the entire party. "I know I haven't been around these parts lately. It's a testament to Father Kieran that we could come together and share a drink, and a story or two. Kieran rolled into town on a rusty old cruiser after his daddy died twenty-five years ago. And damnit, that guy could party!That was, of course, before he took his vows. But, even then, he was committed to the Quarter. He knew that this town needed him. And, we still do. To Father K!"