Chapter 22 - Le Baiser

"Don't tell me you've grown tired already my dear," Erik calmly teased, his arm loosely draped around Constance's shoulder as they continued to walk around in the city of London.

The streets were starting to simmer from the lunch rush as the couple casually strolled along the cobble streets of the city, letting whatever strike their fancy capture their attention for an hour or so. Her new royal blue dress with lace trimmings, that Erik insisted on purchasing for her, ended up perfectly complimenting her navy cloak, which both needed to wear due to the weather turning cold. Constance could not believe they had already been in London for just under two months, the December air blowing cold as the weeks progressed into winter. They had seen every major tourist attraction that they could think of. From viewing fascinating art in The National Gallery to viewing the architecture surrounding the structures of Big Ben, The Tower of London and Westminster Palace. They even visited the Royal Albert Hall and even though it only had been in operation for just under ten years, the cast acted as if they had been performing for the majority of their lives, much to the pleasure of the couple. Through various days spent wandering the streets of London, the couple could think of nothing else to do so they decided to let the days become spontaneous, not that either party minded from their lack of plans.

The wind was beginning to pick up as Constance's hat almost blew right off her head, causing her gloved hands to capture it before it did so, "My dear, I am anything but tired. I just enjoy taking in the sites of this lovely city with the most handsome of men."

"You flatter me greatly," Erik replied, watching as another gust of wind once again blew her hat off.

Constance huffed in annoyance as Erik quickly went after it, rushing into the cobble streets as he blindly passed by a few coaches carrying wealthy patrons before successfully securing her hat in his hands. Gently he picked up her blue hat from the side of the street and he turned around to found he was on the opposite side of it, much to the amusement of his company. He proudly showed off his triumph to her, which caused her gloved hands to clap enthusiastically as he safely made his way back over to her, not wishing to be parted from her a second longer then necessary. Once across, he held the accessory back to her, which she gently took from his also gloved hands.

Constance bowed respectfully due to them being in public and secured the accessory back upon her head, making sure the pins in her hair actually held it in place, "What would I ever do without you?"

"I haven't the faintest idea," he retorted, gently holding out his elbow as he waited for her to rejoin the escort.

Once Constance was done securing her hat, she smiled widely at his posture. She secured her arm through his as he escorted her down the rest of the road and towards the corner. They walked for quite some time just enjoying the scenery, the people and whatever was going on around them. Various women were out with their husbands, being escorted with umbrellas under the other arm. Due to their short time here, they found that it did rain here quite often which caused these women to constantly carry around these umbrellas. Otherwise they would seriously considering moving here and away from their troubles back home.

Constance sighed at the thought, knowing they were going to have to come back eventually to face their problems, especially since she did not want her parents to sue the Paris Opera House for something that was beyond the manager's control. She also did not want to admit this to Erik but she missed dancing desperately. Unknown to her however, Erik was thinking of their home back in Paris, him too missing the opera house that had been his home for quite some time. Erik's thoughts were interrupted when a beautiful park appeared before them.

An idea came to mind in an instant, "Care to venture through Hyde Park my lady?" he asked calmly, while patting her hand for reassurance.

Constance snapped up from her thoughts and looked around, noticing they were indeed at the park. Apparently she had been so deep in thought she did not notice which direction they were wandering off too, "That sounds lovely."