6.

⭐Zachary's POV⭐

I parked my rented car in front of The Avenue and walked in with the car keys swinging around my forefinger.

I scanned across the dim room to locate Dylan. I have heard of this bar from my friends back in Los Angeles. They raved about the great food and drinks here. Even if I did not meet up with Dylan, I will still come here by myself.

"Hey Zach!" Dylan called out to me and I grinned while walking to his table.

"Hi Dylan, oh Helen you're here too!" Helen was already smiling at me, when I belatedly noticed her, sitting by Dylan's side.

"So, how have you been?" Helen questioned me as soon as my butt touched the chair.

"Great! What about you both?"

Dylan chuckled and reply, "We're both busy planning our wedding!"

"What? You're both getting married, and I only know of this now?!" I placed my hand on my heart, faking a hurtful look. Well, not exactly faking, because I did felt a little sad. Even though the seven of us had parted ways after high school graduation, I believe we are still close.

"You're not the only one, Rachel just got to know about this, yesterday." Helen's intention was to comfort me. But, it actually made things awkward.

Dylan obviously gave Helen a nudge by the elbow. None of us spoke anything for a few minutes. The way Dylan and Helen handle their relationship is pretty amazing. Yup, both of them graduated from different colleges. Yet, their relationship is still standing strong. Heck, they are even getting married.

Did I have any regrets for breaking up with Rachel? Honestly, sometimes I did think of how will our lives turn out if we are still a couple. Sometimes, I chided myself for even having those thoughts when I am in a relationship. But sometimes, I just let myself wander around in that fantasy.

There are even times I would think of Rachel, like how is she doing? Is she still living in Seattle? Countless questions, regarding Rachel, are begging to be asked. However, I didn't have the courage to do it. Since I was the one who broke it off with Rachel.

Sigh, life is full of regrets. Yes, even if you are too stubborn and did not want to admit it. We make decisions, and normally, regrets come after it. Sadly, not every regrets could be help.

"Hey, it's alright. Speaking of Rachel, how is she?" I took the chance to ask about Rachel, since we are already on this topic.

"Oh, she's doing great too. I suppose you haven't bumped into her because she still lives here after college." Helen awkwardly murmured.

"Yeap, she's also engaged, just like us." Dylan linked his fingers with Helen's and grinned at her lovingly.

Engaged.

The cold, hard truth sliced through me. I couldn't explain why, but my heart felt like it was being beaten. I quickly shook off that feeling because I should not even have this kind of thoughts.

If Rachel is happy, I am happy. That is all it matters.

"Zach? Zachary? Are you okay?" Dylan was waving his hand to check if I was daydreaming.

"Huh? Did you say something?"

"I asked, do you plan on proposing to err, what's her name?"

"Evangeline." Helen whispered to Dylan.

"Ah yes, Evangeline."

I laughed aloud and smirked.

"Yes, I do. I've been thinking of how and when."