39.

⭐ Zachary's POV ⭐

"Okay son, so this is the dress that I've bought for your mum." It was full-length ultra violet lux chiffon dress that flatters with a sweetheart neckline and a pleated blouson overlay bodice. A pleated skirt and stacked mirror bead trim along its bateau neckline and waistline contributes to a stylish look.

"Wow dad," I couldn't hide the surprise tone in my voice.

"Well how is it?"

"Mum will absolutely love it! It's one of the prettiest dress I've seen!"

Dad let out a breath of relief as he placed the dress into the bag. Laughters could be heard from the living room. I wonder what my mum and Rachel were talking about.

"Dad," I called out to him as he was about to turn the doorknob. He turned around to look at me.

"How.. How did you know mum is the one?"

After hearing my question, both of my dad's eyebrows shot up. He stood there for a while,  before walking to where I was standing and placed a hand on my shoulder signalling me to have a seat.

"I didn't know," my dad replied.

Now it was my turn to look surprised. "What do you mean? How did you even know you wanted to marry mum?"

My dad chuckled at my bewilderment and said, "Oh son, love isn't about knowing if that person is the one. Love is wanting to put a smile on that person's face, like how that person makes you smile when you think about them. Love is feelings, love is emotions. When you're in love with someone, that person is the last thing you wanna see before you go to sleep and the first thing to see when you wake up. When you're in love, you have that instinctual need to pick up the phone and share the most mundane and important moments of your day. Love is an indescribable warmth, that overwhelming feeling of warmth that you get from another person."

After hearing that, for a moment, I was at a loss for words. My dad had a small smile etched on his face and gave my shoulders a squeeze before leaving the room. I sat there for a good ten minutes, thinking about what my dad had said. It's the most beautiful speech about love and it's from the least romantic person I've known.

The last time marriage came into my mind was a few years back when I planned to propose to Eva. Well, technically I didn't have a concrete plan in mind. I only thought of buying a ring and intended to find the perfect timing to go down on one knee. I wanted my proposal to be simple because when I first met Eva, she's a simple girl whose dream is to become the best fashion designer. I know this might come as a surprise for all of you, because the Eva you know definitely isn't a simple girl. I don't know the exact reason for Eva's change, but I was sad that things didn't work out between us. Having said that, I am truly happy for her now.

Now, as I think of Rachel, I do know that if and when I propose to her, it wouldn't just be simple. I want Rachel to feel like she's the most precious and beautiful girl in the world.

A knock on the door broke my train of thoughts. Rachel came into the room and stepped into my line of sight.

"Hey Zach, are you ready to head out? Your parents are waiting," Rachel said. When I didn't respond she bent down to look at me in the eyes.

My heart is bursting with love as I look into her bright eyes. I love Rachel, I really do. It was at that moment I've decided nobody else will be my wife other than her.

"Why are you looking at me this way?"

Instead of answering her, I pulled her in and started kissing her. The kiss continued for quite a while until Rachel pulled away from me.