7.

❇ Rachel's POV ❇

"Babe? Rachel?" Gavin patted my cheeks in an attempt to wake me up.

"Wh-what?" I lifted up an eyelid to find Gavin paying the driver.

"We've arrived at your apartment building."

I sat up feeling extremely groggy and rubbed my face forcefully. In order to rub away the sleepiness in me. When that did not work, I tried slapping myself to make me more alert.

"Rachel, you can stop slapping yourself." Gavin was chuckling as he held the door for me and gestured for me to come out.

"Oh," I replied and felt my cheeks burn, because of the slapping and blushing. When I gathered my things to get out of the car, my head hit on the edge of the door.

Geez. If that did not fully wake me up, I don't know what else would.

"Rachel! Let me take a look at your head!" Gavin dropped our luggage and started to check on my forehead.

"Gav, it's alright. The driver is waiting." I pointed to the driver who patiently waited for us.

The concern on Gavin's face did not leave until I showed him that, I could walk in a straight line on my own.

"Next time, be careful. Okay? I wouldn't want to have a bump on your pretty face." Gavin reminded me while giving my forehead a final check.

My cheeks just would not leave me alone. Gavin obviously noticed the slight pink on my cheeks.

"C'mon beautiful lady, let's go check out your new apartment!" Gavin shot me a playful wink and lead the way.

The lift stop moving at the fifth level and we turned to the left, walking along the corridor.

I pretended that I dropped something on the floor so that Gavin would walk in front. The reason was clear, my face has turned into the colour of an apple. You know that's the thing about me. When compliments are thrown to me, I have no idea how to react, but my cheeks do.

Sometimes, it could be a pain in the ass.

Gavin finally stopped in front of a pink pastel door and inserted in the key. As we heard the click sound, Gavin pushed open the door.

My eyes twinkled in amazement as I took in the interior design of my new home. It was bigger than expected, but I like it. It's kind of empty right now because we've only found this apartment last week. Also, it's obvious we did not have the time to go furniture hunting.

It has the basics of a home though, a simple sofa, TV and a bed in the master bedroom. Speaking of rooms, there's only two of it. The master bedroom and my study room.

"Hey, do you like your new home?" Gavin wrapped his arms around me and placed his chin on my shoulder.

The corners of my mouth twitched up into a smile.

"Who wouldn't?" I responded and relaxed as I looked out of the window. Wow, the view from the living room was stunning.

My new apartment is located near Gavin's. It's only ten minutes walk away. Therefore, it would be easier for him to get home from my place later on.

I turned myself around to face Gavin, wanted to ask him something when I saw the doorknob twisted. Odd, who would have the key other than Gavin and myself?

Before I could say anything else, the door unlocked and my mum appeared from behind the door. I stared at my mum in disbelief and felt my eyes stinging with tears.

Gavin leant down to kiss my forehead before going to help my mother.

"Hello, Aunt Rebecca. Are you tired from your flight?" Gavin greeted my mum warmly with a small peck on the cheek.