10.

Dedicating this chapter to LineyForever3 and Emanda09. Thank you for answering my question, lovelies! ♥

❇ Rachel's POV ❇

As soon as my alarm clock rang, I bolted to the bathroom. Usually, I would complain about the alarm clock interrupting with my beauty sleep. But, as what people say, first impressions last.

Being late on the first day definitely would not make a good first impression for my boss. I hummed along with the radio as I made myself a simple breakfast.

When I thought my day was getting better, my skirt just has to torture me. As I was putting on my skirt, the zip got stuck halfway. I panicked and tried to unzip it. But the zip did not seem to be moving at all.

Do you know what it was worse? The zip was at the back of the skirt. My arms began to ache after trying to unzip my skirt from the back.

The skirt I wore was a tight formal skirt. It was a challenge to turn my skirt around. I started to take in a deep breath and jumped on the spot.

I was praying hard that the skirt would free me from this awkward situation. My eyes kept on moving to the clock on the wall. My heart sank further in with every second ticking away.

"Oh c'mon c'mon." I murmured to myself.

I did consider going to my neighbours for help. But quickly swept away the idea, since my neighbours were not that friendly to start with.

I was beginning to feel the tiredness from all the jumping. Frustration was taking control of my emotions and I used all my strength to turn my skirt around.

Finally, the skirt turned and the zip was at a position I was able to examine the problem easily.

After a good ten minutes, I could unzip the damn skirt. I quickly changed the formal skirt into dress pants.

I only had three minutes to get all my things and lock up after checking the apartment. There was not much time for me to double-check my handbag.

I dashed for the lift as soon as I locked the door.

"Wait for me! Hey!" I shouted as the lift door was about to close.

My neighbour clearly saw me running towards the lift with great urgency. But she ignored me and did not stop the lift door from closing.

Bitch.

I slapped on the door in anger and let out a frustrated cry. I pressed on the button several times as I looked at the time.

When the lift finally came, I ran into it and quickly pressed level one. Beads of sweat covered my forehead because I was really afraid that I might be late.

As I walked past the lobby, at the corner of my eye, I saw that selfish neighbour. She actually had an irritating smirk on her face. If I had the time to confront her, I would. However, she's lucky that I was rushing for time.

My legs were walking so fast that it ached after a while. Thank goodness I decided not to wear high heels.

I was still quite far away when the bus arrived at the bus stop. Knowing the fact that if I did not get on that bus, it was for sure that my job drove away with it.

"Hey! Don't drive off!" I screamed out the words when I ran towards the bus.

Weird glances were thrown my way but I ignored them. Who cares about people judging me when I was on the brink of mental breakdown. By the time I reached the bus, it was so full that I could not squeeze in. The frown on my face never left and the grip on my handbag tightened.