33.

⭐ Zachary's POV ⭐

⭐ Zachary's POV ⭐

Before my mind could even register what was going on, Rachel pulled away as fast as she placed her lips on mine.

"Oh my God," Rachel said a little breathlessly. "Did I just.." Her hands flew to her mouth as she regarded me with wide eyes.

"You didn't even hesitate," I teased as a flush crept up her face.

"I'm usually not like this."

"Yeah, right."

"It's true!" Rachel insisted and her voice turned an octave higher.

"Okay okay, I believe you. But, I like it." I tried to hide my amused grin.

"You mean the, ahem, or me?"

"Both," I answered and leaned forward for another kiss but she shook her head and placed a finger on my lips. Her eyes twinkling and her lips quirked up into a smile.

"Alright," I said with a chuckle. "But you haven't give me an answer."

Silence fell between us as the smile on her pretty face disappeared and her brows furrowed. My palm began to sweat as I nervously waited for Rachel's answer.

"Yes," Rachel said as she interlaced her fingers with mine.

A grin lifted the corners of my mouth as I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her in for another kiss.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Hey boss?"

"Yeah?"

"Why are you smiling to yourself for the past," Olivia paused to take a look at her watch, "ten minutes?"

I cleared my throat and said, "Didn't you say Ethan's meeting you for lunch? We'll continue after that."

"But it's only eleven thirty."

"I'm feeling generous today and wanna give you an extra 30 minutes of lunch break," I refused to make eye contact with Olivia and kept the files in my briefcase. She narrowed her eyes as if saying she didn't believe me one bit.