8.

⭐Zachary's POV ⭐

Laughter filled the silent restaurant and made heads turned into our direction.

"Oh Zachary my dear, you're hilarious!" Eva's only aunt, Carol, slapped the table repeatedly and attracted even more attention.

"Ha ha. Very funny indeed." Eva muttered rudely under her breath.

I covered my hands over Eva's, to remind her not to roll her eyes.

Eva's family recently came to Los Angeles for a vacation. Eva arranged for us to meet as requested by her parents and relatives.

"So, when are you proposing to Eva?" Aunt Carol sipped her wine while batting her eyelashes at me.

I nearly choked because of two reasons.

Number one, you know when unexpected questions were thrown to you? Especially about marriages.

Number two, Aunt Carol was looking at me in a flirtatious manner.

Eva's uncles are giving me the don't-you-dare-not-marrying-my-niece look.

"Well, that's a secret." I finally let out a breath while answering.

"Secret? I like that." Aunt Carol drawled as she nodded to the her siblings.

Eva's dad, is an only child, therefore the relatives who joined in the vacation are from his wife's side.

"Yeah, besides it's still too early for us to get married. We've only been dating for two years." Eva shrugged as she took a bite of the strawberry cake.

"Eva you're not getting any younger." Eva's mother, Elaine, pointed out, disagreeing with her daughter's views.

"I'm only twenty-six mum.."

"It's not like you can conceive immediately. Your body needs time." Aunt Elaine reasoned with Eva and I silently agreed with her.

"Who says we're going to have children?!" Eva arched one of her perfectly drawn eyebrow.

Out of a sudden, I became the limelight of this table.

"Zachary, do you share the same thoughts as Evangeline?"

Eva nudged me on the knee under the table while tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Well no. I actually love kids a lot. I do wish to start a family with Eva. But she's right to a certain extent. There isn't a need to rush for marriage." I reached over to hold Eva's hand but she avoided my touch.

The adults looked at me with approval as they stood up, getting ready to leave.

"I am glad to know that you are a family man, Zachary." Eva's father slapped my back and shook my hand with great strength.

I tried my best not to grimace as the hand shaking session continued. Eva's uncles all had a strong grip as if they are giving me a warning not to hurt their beloved niece. Evangeline hugged her mother and aunts before walking with them out of the restaurant. While I approached the cashier counter to pay the bill. Eva's family waved us goodbye as the taxi drove them away from the restaurant.

"Finally," Eva muttered and shot me a dangerous look.

"What the hell was that for?" Eva curled up her fists and looked like she was reining in her temper.

"I was just telling the truth."

"You want to have children?! I thought you should know I hate children. They're a nuisance, noisy as hell. What's worse is that they ruin a woman's perfect body figure." Eva spat out those words as if it was poison.