37.

⭐ Zachary's POV ⭐

"Olivia can you help me prepare the files for my meeting with Harve Times?" I asked, pushing the button on the intercom as I waited for a response.

"Okay, I'll have it ready in 5 minutes," Olivia responded.

"Thanks," I said, releasing the intercom button.

I looked through my schedule for the week once more before sleeping my computer. As I was getting ready to go out, Olivia came in with the files I requested for.

"By the way, I'll be having lunch with my parents so I'll come in later."

"Alright, enjoy your lunch Mr Davis," Olivia said with a smile.

The meeting ended later than I expected. The first thing I did after getting into the car was to give my parents a call. My dad picked up the call almost immediately.

"Hey buddy, we're walking there now."

"Sorry dad, I just ended my meeting. I'll be there in 20 minutes. You and mum can order whatever you both like," I apologised.

"It's alright, we'll help you order too?"

"Yes please," I replied with a chuckle.

"Okay then, take your time. Safety first."

I pulled out of the parking lot after hanging up the phone. I looked left and right before turning left to get out of the carpark and get onto the main road. I had to quickly step on the brakes because I nearly collided into another a car which zoomed past me. Clearly the driver couldn't be bothered to check if there was any car driving out of the carpark. To add on, the driver was driving at such a high speed.

"Asshole. People like you is the reason why there's an accident in the first place," I muttered under my breath.

Just as I was about to start turning out, the car behind me honked loudly. I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

Patience is a virtue, why nobody understands that?

I glanced at the dashboard clock and stepped on the accelerator. By the time I arrived at the car park, I was almost 30 minutes late. Fortunately, there was an empty parking lot and I swiftly park my car.

The elevator seemed to take forever to reach the basement. I brisk walked to the restaurant and found my parents seated at a corner. The restaurant buzzed with conversations and occasionally I could hear laughters coming from some tables.

"Hi mum, hi dad. Sorry for being so late," my words came out sounding a little breathless from the rush to the restaurant.

"It's alright, son. The food is later than you anyways," my dad answered with a chuckle.

I raised my hand with the intention to ask why is our food taking so long. But my mum gestured me to put it down.

"We've just asked about it, Zach. I'm sure they're preparing our order as we speak. It doesn't hurt us to be a little patient."

I tried to suppress my laughter at the mention of patience. My mum furrowed her brows in confusion.

"What did I say that was so funny?"

"Nothing," I said without elaborating and my mum didn't press for an answer.

When our food finally arrived, we ate in silence for awhile to fill up our rumbling tummies.

"So, how's gramp and gramma?" I broke the silence as the waitress came to refill our water.

"Bickering over everything as always," mum replied with a small but loving smile.