27.

⭐ Zachary's POV ⭐

My eyes were starting to close after reading at least a dozen of files since stepping into the office. When Olivia's voice came through the intercom, I immediately sat up straight.

"Mr Davis, Mr Moretz is here to see you."

I frowned a little as I try to recall who is this Mr Moretz. I have absolutely no idea who is he after an unsuccessful attempt of recollection.

"Does he have any appointment?" I pressed on the button to give Olivia a reply.

The next response I have gotten, wasn't what I expected. Mr Moretz, or rather Gregory, barged into my office with a very pissed off Olivia.

"Hey! How can you.." Olivia trailed off as she noticed my silent signal for her to stop.

"It's alright, Olivia. I know Gregory," I said and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Unfortunately," Gregory muttered under his breath.

"Okay, Mr Davis," Olivia shot Gregory a disapproving look before leaving the room.

After Olivia left, there was a few minutes of awkward silence. When Gregory first came in, he looked angry enough to punch me. But now he seemed extremely frustrated and I feel like he wanted to punch himself, instead.

"Gregory, I must say it is a surprise to see you here," I finally said.

Gregory didn't say anything but sat down on the chair with smooth oak arms and a blue cushion. I was contemplating if I should take a seat nearer to him or just go back to my desk. I opted for the second option and gave Gregory some time before asking him a question.

"I suppose you aren't here to just sit there for fun?"

"No, I didn't," Gregory started as he cleared his throat. "Do you love Rachel?"

I did not expect him to ask me that question, but kept my facial expression as neutral as possible. Well, honestly, I had also been asking myself that question over and over for the past week. I planned to sort out my feelings before doing anything. Rachel is a sweet girl, I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings. She deserves nothing but the best.

After what happened when we were younger, I certainly wouldn't want history to repeat itself.

"Do you even need think that long?" Gregory asked with annoyance laced in his tone.

"I do love Rachel."

"As a woman or friend?"

Well damn, that's the million dollar question, isn't it?

"As a woman," I said without a moment of hesitation. "Why are you even asking me all these?"

"I just wanted to know if I should treat you as a friend or an opponent," Gregory said.

"You're not giving up after what Rachel has said?" I questioned and couldn't help but admire his perseverance.

"Rachel is someone who's worth fighting for."

I nodded quietly as Gregory made his way out of my office. Several minutes had past and I just sat there staring at the wall. It took me a week to figure out my feelings for Rachel. Initially, I was afraid it was the sense of guilt that made me feel the way I felt for Rachel. Today, Gregory helped me realised that it wasn't guilt.

Therefore, my mind was playing out different scenarios of how I should tell Rachel.

Scenario one, playing it cool and confess to Rachel over the phone.