35.

⭐ Zachary's POV ⭐

"Zach, what do you think of this?" Rachel asked as she pointed to a vintage dark brown black metal frame cocktail coffee table with lower shelf.

"Hmm, not bad.." I said as we walked towards the coffee table.

"You said 'not bad' for the last 3 ones we'd seen," Rachel commented with a small frown.

"I like all of them, but I have yet seen one that I love."

"Hmm.. Why not we try another store? We've seen almost all of the design here anyways."

"Alright. But are you hungry? If you're, we can have our dinner first."

"Nope, c'mon let's go find a coffee table for you."

The both of us went up 2 levels to another home furniture store. As soon as we stepped into the store, one of the salesman came up to us with a smile.

"Welcome to Dream Style, how may I help you?"

I opened my mouth to give a reply but Rachel cleared her throat. "We're finding a coffee table and this is how the living room looks like.. Do you have any recommendations?"

The salesman looked at the photo and politely told us to wait while he get someone else to assist us.

"You know I prefer to shop without someone following us around," I said, tucking a stray tendril of her hair behind her ear.

"Yes, I know. There's no harm in asking. Besides, we need a replacement asap. Your parents are flying in next week," Rachel responded with a chuckle.

"When are you going to tell your parents about us?"

"We are going to Skype them this weekend," Rachel declared.

"Seems like you've got it all planned out."

"Of course, don't you dare leave the announcing job to me only. You're the one who asked me to join you in welcoming your parents at the airport."

A saleswoman greeted us and our conversation was interrupted.

"Hi, I'm Blayke. May I take a look of the photo?"

"Yeah sure," Rachel replied and proceeded to unlock her smartphone.

"Ah, I believe we have something to match your living room."

"I gotta warn you, this man here is really hard to please," Rachel said cheekily. I gave her a nudge as Blayke chuckled in response.

Blayke took the lead and we walked past several sofa and dining table displays before she stopped in front of a modern black oak coffee table with a matte finish. It included a black glass table top. Rounded corners on the wooden rectangular coffee table helped create a safer living environment while the open shelf provided extra storage space.

"Well, what do you think of this?" Blayke turned to us with a smile.

"It's amazing!" Rachel exclaimed. After that, both of them looked expectantly at me for my answer.

"I love it."

"Finally! Thank you so much for your help Blayke, or else we'll still be searching for a coffee table."

"You're welcome, I'm glad I could be of help."

At last, we could fill our rumbling tummies with food after settling the payment and delivery date for my new coffee table. My eyes scanned the crowd, searching for Rachel who mentioned she'd be waiting for me near the exit. I spotted her looking at the TV console displays. With a smile that danced across my lips, I walked over to where Rachel was standing.